Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
sim
merhaba...

Is it possible to use the sim-cards outside of turkey? Like norway...
bimbo6-if you mean a turkish sim card for use outside of turkey then no i dont think so, i have a turk cell one and tried to use it or adapt it to uk network wen i got home but it didnt work whereas my uk orange sim card adapts itself to turkcell when im in turkey-strange eh!
hi i have a mobile which is barred and want to give it to my turkish friend can they unbarr as i know they are good at unlocking, its a noika thanks stef
If its a Nokia, then yes, chances are it can be unlocked and used in Turkey (they do like their Nokias).

Elaine
most mobile phones that are barred in the UK, usually work fine out here without anything needing to be done to them. Hope this is the case with your phone :)
I have brought this topic back to life, as I wonder if anyone knows what the present situation is regarding Vodafone pay as you go mobiles in
Turkey. When we were in Side 2 years ago, we could not use ours, but
other people were OK. Presumably I need to contact Vodafone to get
something set up?

Thanks
yes sandi you have to contact vodaphone for them to activate global calling my daughter had to do this then it worked fine still very expensive its cheaper to have your phone unlocked and purchace a telsim or turksel sim i think they come with 100 credits but its worth looking into
Thanks for that Maverick. Big help.
I know this post about mobiles in Turkey has been done & assure the person managing the board I have read it well.

I have worked out with this board & the O2 web site, that it's 49p a text when in Turkey & that the Euro bolt ons won't work.

This might sound a really stupid question, but do I have to pay to RECIEVE a text on an O2 phone while in Turkey? I know you have to pay to recieve a call & or voicemail.

Many thanks.

Going on 4th May & want 19 year old daughter to be able to keep in touch with us.

Kim
The reason I ask..... I had a friend on holiday in Jamacia & I texted her & she was charged to recieve it if I remember rightly, 30p a text I think she said.

Am I totally wrong here or has anyone else heard of being charged to recieve text messages when abroad ????

Kim
Many thanks, I will bring phone & daughter can text me if she needs to.

Am I right in thinking that if I bring phone to recieve texts, I am still cheaper buying a phone card & using a call box than using my mobile, I'm on O2?

I can't buy a euro bolt on, as that doesn't cover Turkey. Does anyone know of any other O2 bolt ons that might be good for my holiday?

Many thanks
Kim
Not a problem for me I'm on pay as you go.

But would like to have some credit on phone in case I need it for any emergency calls, so will stick to texting & using call boxes.

I suspose if I'm not paying extra to recieve texts, then whoever (my daughter) is sending them will have to pay extra. Because they must make extra somehow?

Kim
Hi

Does anyone know if I can buy a SIM card in Turkey and use on an english unblocked phone?

I actually want 2 as I am goign to buy 2 old phones so that I can give one to my Son (So I know where he is!)

Don't want to take our own as we will be charged for roaming, just to call each other from the same country!

I will probably hand the phones over to another family when we fly home or give so a market seller.

Thanks in advance
Do I have to register the card or can use straight away with soem credit? Also, any idea how much it costs/
Thanking you
leaving a post to be added back to the wathed topics list
Hey folks,

Don't use your UK mobiles in Turkey - far too expensive. Use it to receive messages but to send them back get yourself a Turkish pay as you go SIM card for texting. They're very cheap.

For using public phone boxes this is the bext value phone card I've found:
http://www.rocktel.com.tr/?p=sale_point#listed

It's not sold in every phone shop but seems to be avilable in most areas.
Hi

Does anyone know the number to dial for cheap calls to a Turkish mobile phone :?:

Christine
hi its 09115015501
hope this helps
xxxxxxxxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.