Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Cheap calls
181 Posts
what is the price of calls using this number then? can you let me know as my daughters have both got Turkish boyfriends and its costing me a fortune!! ha!!

thanks Tina
Hi Tina

I rang the number and was informed it would cost 15p per minute.

Christine
The information given above is correct.

To call a Turkish mobile dial 09115 015501. Calls charged at 15p per min.

To call a Turkish landline dial 08719 992992. Calls charged at 10p per min.

Charges only apply to calls from a BT Landline and not your mobile phone!
If you have a contract phone, have a look at this site, i use it to call Turkey (Landline & mobile) & the calls are free (using my inclusive mins)

http://www.yourcallworld.com/more.aspx
Hi

if any of you are on talk talk it costs 8p a minute to a landline and 15p to turkey by putting 18418 then the 0090 code then the number hope this helps

wendy
no problem chris n dave. it will still cost a fair bit but it will be cheaper for people to ring around 15p a minute after it connects before it connects it costs more so try to answer asap!! it wont cost u anything to recieve calls on your turish sim i know from using my turkish mobile it was a good investment!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone

I have just come across this little gem on the Turkish embassy site:

"Note: Cellular Telephones entering the country must be accompanied by a certification form showing ownership. Ownership must be documented in the passport of the owner and will be checked on entry and exit. "

I can't believe they actually carry these checks out. I am off to Turkey for the first time next week. Anyone been asked for this kind of proof?

They don't carry these checks out anywhere, don't worry about it.

There is a recent ruling in Turkey about putting a Turkish sim card in a phone purchased outside Turkey though.

Phones bought outside Turkey have to be registered with the Turkish sim card providers (Telsim, Turkcell, Aria etc) when you buy a Turkish sim card to put in it. This started at the end of last year. It still doesn't happen everytime, but it is being brought in more and more. It doesn't cost much to register your phone if you are buying a Turkish sim card to use in it, 5 or 10 ytl I believe.

Elaine
Thanks Elaine - this is very helpful and also means I don't have to empty out the entire contents of my spare room looking for my mobile phone receipt!

JonnyForeigner
hi all, can anybody tell me ,if i buy a turkish sim card how much are the calls to the uk,i have an old phone which is unlocked, as the roaming calls to the uk are robbery, on my 3 contract phone, thanks alan :D :D
Hi,
My dearest phone call from my Turkish Mobile was about 2 lira, and that was about a 15 minute call. That was Aria.
Cheers
Lorraine
(250 kontors (credits) cost 25 lira
hi!i use a turkcell sim when im away and its not bad compared to what id pay with my normal one!its 3 units to text home which is about 30p....to call a mob i used 250 kontour which cost 26 lira and that gave me a good 20 mins so i reckon perhaps double that for a landline...?avea are meant to be the cheapest around but seemingly only certain people can get them (i.e. students etc) :? but i dunno!?xxx
Sim Cards/Mobile phones

I wonder if anyone can help me please. I am sure I read about buying sim cards when you get to Turkey to make calls whilst there, but I cant seem to find it! If there isnt one could anyone give me advice please? I appreciate your help folks! :wink:

Tania
Hi Tania B. yes you can buy Sim Cards here in Turkey but they will only be for Turkish Providors. E.G Turkcell, Telsim etc.You will pay approx. 24YTL. for 250 Kontors------this is for calls made inside Turkey.ıf you are using a GB Purchased Phone then it may not work as earlier this year all Mobiles in Turkey had to be Registered with Turk Telecom. ( to trace if Stolen ) Not Registered, Not Working ! However some UK Phones do work and some do not. Be safe and get a Roaming Service with your UK Providor. Hope this Helps.

Ian.
Hi.
Do anybody now if i can get my mobil-phone unblocked in a turkcell-shop?Or do i need to open it home,before i go?
What do you mean by unblocked? Do you want to buy a Turkish sim-card or something like that? Almost like a Norwegian "kontantkort"?

If you have it policy-locked you can always unlock your phone at http://www.unlock.no. You'll need your IMEI number, which you'll find by punching in *#06# on your cellphone. Just follow the steps on unlock.no

Hope this helps! :)
Hi again..
I dont mean "kontant-kort". I already have an turkish simcard,but its do not work in my phone.Cos i have an contract on the phone on 1 year.And thats why i will "open" my phone for use that turkish sim-card.Hope u understand me...Thanks
Yeah, I understand what you mean now.
You can use the method I described above, but I just realized it costs 49 Norwegian Kroner. On unlock.no you can only do it if you've got a Nokia phone, and if your contact is locked to either Telenor, Netcom, Sense or Tele2.

I've seen an advertising on Norwegian TV which makes it possible to do it too. I just found out that they can help you unlock your phone without becoming a member to their company. For details, check out this site:
https://www.talkmore.no/kamp1505_2.htm

Hope that helped, if not, just ask!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.