Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
mosquitos!
11 Posts
I've never had problems with mozzies there ever.. :tup
We went beginning of june last year and didn,t have any problems with mossies. :tup
Emmmm...can I take back that last post? :rofl ..I've been bitten twice, my son 3 times :yikes so yes I can say there might be a problem with mozzies.. maybe take some repellant :tup :cheers
went last november, everyone i saw had some sort of bite, kids had it worse for some sort of reason
We have been to Fuerteventura half a dozen times, Spring and Summer, and I don't think I have ever seen any.

Cockroaches are a different matter....
I'm home and I have 5 mozzy bites on my left leg 2 on the right..and my son was feasted upon all over..been going to Fuerteventura for years now and its the first time I've been bitten as badly..one or two bites over the years but the mozzies seem to be getting fiercer...I wonder if they are breeding with the midgies from Scotland? :rofl
If you go into the supermarket just along from the atlantica centre, you can buy a mozzie plug in for around €6
fiona
once got told to put a bowl of "Vinegar" near your bed on a night time as this deters them, never tried it as i though someone was pulling my leg :)
well i can now answer my own question on this one as we're now back from our hols :(
saw a few mossies in the evenings but not enough to be a problem. we stayed at the hotel suite atlantis who provide a plug-in in the rooms which i thought was good. must have worked because my daughter was the only one to get bitten and that was only once.
Don't forget to post your hotel review! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.