Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Is it those prices because they send us a taxi.

The problem is the wheelchair.
Hi Chris, I would send them an email or ring them and explain about the wheelchair prior to booking.

Sue :)
thanks will do that tomorrow.
hi i have hired a car from goldcar in murcia airport in june. does anyone know if i need to renew my old paper driving licence to a new photo one or will they accept my old one?
Natie wrote:
In case anyone is interested, I have just read that the new Murcia Airport at Corvera has now had its plans approved and should be completed by 2009. What a lengthy project this has been

Even lengthier than you thought! It is now complete (Sept 2011) and due to open next year. Unfortunately, they have now announced that they will close San Javier airport to civil traffic and move all the flights to Corvera. http://www.laopiniondemurcia.es/comunidad/2011/09/20/aena-hara-cargo-gestion-aeropuerto-corvera-cerrara-san-javier-civil/351621.html

We have been going to Los Alcazares on holiday for some years and this makes a big difference to us. Before, we could get a taxi from San Javier into Los Alcazares for about €12. Now we'll have to pay for a transfer or hire a car. I wonder what kind of effect this change will have on tourist numbers? It's definitely not good news for residents around the Mar Menor who will have a longer trip to and from the airport for trips back to the UK.

I also wonder what the likes of RyanAir will do about the change? Presumably if the new airport charges are higher, Mr O'Leary will throw his toys out the pram and cancel the route.
One resort's loss is another one's gain. Corvera Airport is 20 minutes nearer Mojacar Playa than San Javier. Furthermore, there is the likliehood that public transport from Corvera will be much better than SJ. Also, I understand Ryanair are negotiating with Corvera for more flights.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.