Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Just to echo what Jay Trip has mentioned Egypt & Tunisia along with some other North African countries are a bit of a grey area, some insurance companies will class them as Europe while others class them as a Worldwide destination so please always check and shop around if you want them included as part of a Europe only policy.

To clarify this a bit further Jay Trip's insurance conditions changed AFTER it was purchased and she was never informed of these changes, so if you do have a policy covering Europe and are travelling to a country in North Africa please ensure that you are still insured.
I am just glad that when I went to Tunisia in March I did not need any assistance from my Travel insurance. :yikes
I also went to Egypt in December but this was before the troubles so was hopefully was insured for that holiday.
  • Edited by David 2011-06-02 21:43:05
    Topic copied from General Holiday Enquiries to increase awareness of this potential problem
goto compare the market we used it for my daughter as our travel insurance is through the bank got insurance for her for 2 weeks for £6 from virgin there is good insurance deals out there for traveling
When you reach a certain age? and have pre existing conditions getting travel insurance becomes a minefield.
Now that some compnies are not including Egypt and Tunisia in their European policies means having to purchase a Worldwide one at a great cost,sometimes these cost more than the holiday itself. :que
I am waiting until September when my husbands is due for renewal and hope a joint policy will save a bit money. :tup
Hi Jay, I too have reached a certain age and have pre-existing medical conditions which exclude me from cover from various well known companies. I have used Insure and Go for the last few years. My annual Europe policy (which as of March definately included Egypt and Tunisia) is approx £67 including cover for named conditions and no excess to pay. This is considerably less than last year despite having made several claims which have all been settled without any quibble.
Regards, Caro
Thanks Caro,I will give them a ring as I definitely dont want the expense of a Worldwide Policy.
I will ask them if they still include Egypt and Tunisia as these are destinations we like to visit during our winter months,Jay
I always use Atlas Direct have insured my next years hols fro Red Sea and it still came under Europe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.