Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Just to echo what Jay Trip has mentioned Egypt & Tunisia along with some other North African countries are a bit of a grey area, some insurance companies will class them as Europe while others class them as a Worldwide destination so please always check and shop around if you want them included as part of a Europe only policy.

To clarify this a bit further Jay Trip's insurance conditions changed AFTER it was purchased and she was never informed of these changes, so if you do have a policy covering Europe and are travelling to a country in North Africa please ensure that you are still insured.
I am just glad that when I went to Tunisia in March I did not need any assistance from my Travel insurance. :yikes
I also went to Egypt in December but this was before the troubles so was hopefully was insured for that holiday.
  • Edited by David 2011-06-02 21:42:39
    Topic copied from General Holiday Enquiries to increase awareness of this potential problem
Thanks for that Jay Trip. I'll certainly check if I'm still covered. My annual insurance is part of a package of 'extras' from my credit card company and the only bit that I actually use, indeed I needed them a couple of years ago when I finished up in hospital in Sousse following an accident. If they no longer cover Tunisia I'll cancel the package and just get single trip insurance in future.
Hi Pat,I will be looking for companies that include Tunisia and Egypt when I renew my insurance.
If I have to have Worldwide Insurance it looks like we will be taking UK holidays. :rofl
I haven't really looked at my insurance for ages, but I'll certainly have to check it out. In the old days Tunisia at least was included in Europe with most companies. As you get older insurance gets more expensive, especially if you have any history of medical problems :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.