General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Would Tunisia be hot enough yet? There were some lovely hotels in Yasmine Hamammet when I stayed there last year.
Thanks for that Sue

Oh I thought Tunisia would be hot by then! Ok I shall probably stick with Paphos as that should be hot.

The ledra hotel looks good, i'll see who flies to there. Its getting a bit near now and I want to get booked :-)
hi my parents returned from a great week in paphos in the avanti hotel which was very nice, also there is the avanti village ( i think). my parents thought it was lovely. it does have its own website too, nice gardens and pool to sit in and only a short ride from the airport. hope this helps.
Thank you Ruth.

Yes I think it has to be Paphos, nice and hot and not too far to transfer. I cant wait!
I am also in remission from cancer and am going to Paphos next week. If she has been on chemotherapy please be careful with the sun as it can make you a lot more sensitive to the sun. Likewise with radiotherapy but with that it is the area that has been zapped.
Heather
Thanks for that Heather, and im glad to hear you are in remission too. My daughter's last chemo was Dec, but she had to have her legs rebuilt (bone cancer in both legs) so thats why its taken so long for us to be able to fly, she's only now strong enough after the operation early Feb.

Actually my main worry is getting a seat thats big enough to give her some room. I've spoken to a few travel agents who say this could be a problem as they keep their seats near the doors for able bodied so they can assist others in an accident.

Its all good fun eh...
You should be able to request seats for disabled passengers which won't be by the exits but in parts of the plane that are suitable with extra leg room. Your travel agent should be able to phone the special needs dept of the tour operator or airline to request this.
Shirleyann I'm so pleased to hear that your daughter is in remission.

You will both love Paphos :D

As Diamond Olly said give the Customer Service derpartment of the

airline you'll be travelling with a call and explain the situation to them..........

they will probably be able to sort something out for you :D
Helenxx
Thank you everyone.

Well its booked!! :lol: A week on Wednesday to Ledra beach!

The tour operator said she can request extra leg room seats but theres no guarantee. Last week when I spoke to our Macmillian nurse she said they could ring up and explain that has only just got 90 degree bend and it may add more weight to our case. She's a tall teenager you see so even before she got ill she only just fit into normal seats with her long legs!

Really looking forward to it now :fly
The tour operator said she can request extra leg room seats but theres no guarantee

If you get to the airport early, you may be able to get the seats you need before someone else nabs them :wink: Have a lovely holiday!
Hi shirleyanne,

Glad to hear that your daughter is getting better and I hope you have a great holiday.

The bulkhead seats at the front of the plane are usually available for people with medical problems (a bit more legroom and no one in front of you) You want to ring the airline direct asking to speak to their "special assistance/needs/something like this" department and I am sure they will be able to help you. I have a knee problem following a car accident some years ago, and all airlines I have flown with have been great and allocated us bulkhead seats. (I don`t do it via the travel agent as they just put a note on the form.... which is not what you want.. you need the assurance that the seats will be there when you check in.

To sit on the bulkead isn`t an emergency exit so all those rules don`t seem to apply. Only slight problem is it is normally near to the toilet and the aisle gets quite busy!!

Good luck, hope you get sorted. I wouldn`t let them fob you off though, if need be get a doctors letter (they come in very handy)
Hi ShirelyAnn

I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful holiday in Paphos. I came back from Protaras last night after a week there and the weather was wonderful. Paphos is a great place too - enjoy!
Hope you and your Daughter enjoy Cyprus we went at Easter and had a lovely time, if she has the energy and it is not too hot the mosaics are interesting by the harbour fairly level but over a large area, lots of boat trips she will certainley enjoy them. Have a lovely time and enjoy the sun the Cypriots are so friendly I'm sure they will help you anyway they can. Just one word or warning watch out for the dreaded time share touts by the harbour with their scratch cards.
  • Edited by Gillc7 2006-05-16 18:06:34
Hi Shirleyann

I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful time in Cyprus.

If you haven't booked yet, it may be better for your daughter if you travel with a scheduled airline instead of charter. You'd get more legroom and better service.

There is also a post somewhere about a "fit to travel" certificate from the doctor. To be on the safe side and have no problems at the airport, it might be worth getting one from your doctor.

Have a good time.

Cic
Thank you again everyone. Yes those ticket touts seem to get everywhere, so annoying!

I rang the airline and actually they couldnt have been any nicer! They say she will be seated in a front seat and will have enough room to extend her legs fully. They also arranged a disabled package for her which means she will board the plane first and not have to worry about holding other people up.

So if all goes to plan, its well done first choice.

Not long until Wednesday now, hooray!
Fantastic news Shirley Anne with your seating arrangements and courtesy from the airline allowing your daughter to board first, but most of all so pleased your daughters on the mend. Have a wonderful family holiday, relax, chill and enjoy.

very kind regards

Kazee x
That's brilliant.

Sounds like you and your daughter really deserve some spoiling! Have a brilliant time :D :pele
Well she needs the spoiling, I just need the time to relax!

Two years of sitting around hospitals is enough for us!

The hotel looks great (Ledra beach) and from Jim's webcam pics, the weather is going to be great. I'm sat here looking out of my window and its not stopped raining here today.... Roll on Wednesday!

Thank you again everyone :)
Glad to hear your daughter is in remission Shirley - all the best for a great trip
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.