Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
hi helen,
pdc is very nice, the area of the old town is very nice short way to the harbour withe lot of bars and restaurants. in feb ìt`s a bit windy but not so bad and when the sun shins the wind is nice breez.
karsten
Thanks for the reply, have been looking at Club Oceana,do you know these apartments?
i dont know this club. have a look by google for " san francisco 2 " in the old town. friends have stayed there and there was very happy.
karsten
sry i am a new member here and cant sent you the link for this apts.
Club Oceano are excellent apartments.
I agree with robertk, Club Oceano is a very good complex, and in a perfect position IMO! In contrast San Fran II is a long walk out of town with very little around it.
Well,the flights are booked! Going 25th Feb. Got 2 flights for £209 so quite happy with that.Just got find somewhere to stay now.
hi helen,
i`ve ask a friend and he told me the club oceano are nice, the same as the others people say.
wish you a nice holiday in feb.
karsten
Ok, now I have seen a few different apts to rent, some in old part, some in Tias, some apparently central. So now my question is how far apart from each other are these locations?Are there places that are best to avoid, say because they are too hilly or far out from the main area?Made that mistake in Nerja this June, dont want to do it again!
hi helen,
tias is to far away from pdc then you need a car to go to pdc. the most apts in the old town are a little bit hilly. club oceano is about 5 min walk to the avenida and to the beach.
karsten
Well have seen a few apts, Oceana club, rocas negras, costa luz,loma verde,any info on any of these would be helpful.Also,if we did opt for the old town,is this a nice area and would it take long to walk to the newer part?
from the old town, when you walk the main road you need between 10 and 15 min walk to the avenida or 5 to 10 min to the shoppingcenter biosfera. the old town is a nice aera with a lot af bars and restaurants too.
from the other 4 apts i think the oceano is the best you need from there about 5 min to the avenida and to the beach. on the avenida you have bars, restaurants, pups and discos also supermarkets and a lot of small shops.
Hi, we are also looking at the Matagorda area as well,particularly the Matagorda Bay Apts.Are there plenty of bars and restaurants in ths area?How long would it take to walk to PDC?
i dont now the " matagorda bay" apts but in matagorda is a comercial centre with restaurants, bars, gift shops and supermarkets.
when you walk from the centre of matagorda to the begin of the avenida from pdc you need about 15 min.
You must walk an awful lot faster than me Karsten ;) Matagorda Bay Apts are up behind Morromar and a good 3-4km away from PDC, I would say!!! The Matagorda commercial centre is not very busy, but you can walk around the coastline from there to the start of Playa de Pocillos where there are a few more restaurants. The walk into the centre of PDC from that point, used to take me half an hour.
Well its sorted,staying at Rocas Negras in a private apt which looks really nice and they look to be in a good location,so cant wait now.Thanks for your help.
you are welcome, have a nice holiday :cheers :) :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.