Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
hi cazclive

welcome to ht :) Im not sure if i can help with all your questions but i will answer a few. We have holidayed in lanzarote twice both staying in teguise-one being our honeymoon.. The first time was our honeymoon late april, and the 2nd time was the begining of april. Both times the weather was beautiful in the day, yes it is breezy but thats quite common for canary islands, costa teguise is north so im guessing it would tend to be breezer in the north than south. If im right in thinking that ive read somewhere that the south is a little more sheltered. We would like to visit the south (playa blanca) at some point in the next few years. We are a couple with teenage children and dont like mad night life but do like nice bars with music playing at a bearable level and live entertainment. Lots of bars also served food and then later provided entertainment. There is a nice selection of shops and a fab beach with some loverly cafes and bars to sit outside and enjoy coffees, beers and tapas and take in the scenary . I hope i have helped a little.

Let us know what you decide.

LFF :sun2 x
Hi
Thank you very much for your advice. It was very helpful. After reading other posts, I think CT is the place for us for our second week. (going to PDC for the first week self catering) I have narrowed my accommodation down to either The Nazaret Apartments or the Galeon Playa where we can get half board for a reasonable price. I would like other vews on accommodation too please.

Thanks again. I know I could depend Holiday Truths.
I am in my mid-30's and my OH is in his mid 40's. We have been to PDC for the last few years, but this is always in March and in low season. There is plenty to do, but it's not too 18-30, but we haven't been in high season. Both resorts can be windy, but it's not too bad and it's not a cold, biting wind!!
and there are never any sand storms!! dont know where they got their info from,if that was the case it wuld hardly be advertised as a tourist resort,there are occasionally calimas which is when the sand that has blown over from the coast of morroco hangs in the air like a haze,usually for a day or two then clears. hope that puts your mind at rest!
god idea to do the two resorts tho,both are different but lots to offer in their own right, and the accomodation you are looking at is fine,both in centre of town,not sure about half board option as there are lots of lovely restaurants nearby but if the price is right! have agood time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.