Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi Geri, Yes I was surprised lol, I was looking for some more Thailand/Cambodia forums to read as the few I do look at have gone a bit quiet lately.
The bbq is a lot of fun and great value. Prices went up by 25baht while we were there in August so now its 175baht for the bbq and 175 baht for transfers so its still a cheap night out and the food is delicious. We have met so many people from around the world at the barbies. Im thinking of booking our flights for next year this weekend, another 3 mths there haha.
Cathy
welcome to HT :) Its great to have new members.
:wave: Thanks Fiona, certainly seems like a nice friendly forum.
Cathy
It is :) It is a bit quiet though so its great when we see new members
Hi Fiona Cathy is a mind of information on Thailand and it's lovely to have her input here on HT.

Cathy Thanks for the info on the barby and I would love to go... it does depend on whether we fall into a hole at happy hour at the Holiday Inn ;) it has been known.

I read elsewhere that you had priced flights with SIA and it was only $AUD150 more than you paid last year. That's excellent... do you book online or through an agent?

We booked with an agent in Queensland for flights only... even though I harassed the agent well before Christmas 07 when she did get round to booking in the new year ALL but one of the cheap seats were booked up leaving us no option but to buy a seat over $300 dearer than the other. Of course Thai's Royal Orchid rules have recently changed and now only the dearer seat accrues points leaving the cheaper seat with no points ( I sound like a Eurovision song contest compare LoL) it's all getting a bit hard now Thai is tightening up. I love Thai but it's fares/taxes are becoming prohibitive then we may have to rethink how we get there (not Jetstar as I ain't sitting on a long haul flight with them... Bali is as far as I go with them)

Cheers Geri
Geri, We booked today with Singapore Airlines, as we are in Adelaide we only have them or Malaysian Airlines as Im not prepared to go interstate then fly out so we normally book whoever is cheaper. I know theres lots of cheaper flights with SIA but you can only stay away 30 days etc. As we stay 3 mths its dearer so if it comes in around $1500 then Im happy and thats what it cost exactly lol.

But I will keep my eye out for cheap flights from Phuket to wherever, in August we had Phuket - Bangkok - Chiang Mai return for 10baht per leg, bargain!!
Cathy
Whoops meant to say have been doing it all ourselves the last few years and before that we would price it doing it ourselves, take that to travel agents and they always matched the price.
Cathyandgary - I was really pleasantly surprised to see you had joined holidaytruths, I have seen you around on TA for quite some time and I have looked at your travelpages many times as I was visiting Phnom Penh this summer, I found your tips were great :tup

Needless to say I fell in love with Phnom Penh :)

Welcome to Holidaytruths, love shirley x
:wave: Hi Shirley and thanks for the welcome, Phnom Penh is such a fantastic place to visit, I would love to go back right now lol. We just bought a well and pump for a village in Cambodia on the weekend and it will supply water for up to 40 people so I am pretty excited about that. :D

Cathy
That is fab CathyandGary well done you !! Please can you keep me updated re Phnom Penh if you go back there ?? on the Far East forum, I am sure we will go back there one day :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.