Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
we do have a sticky :que

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=126752

This thread, as I said on the first post here, is for names and dates only. Any discussion is for the main meets thread.
By the way, the mod's position( written a year ago)
is voluntary and unpaid.
without us all you would not be there and you would not be a mod

Excuse me, how very very rude. If you didn't have our site you couldn't arrange you meets!!! Its a two way relationship. We aren't that keen in allowing meets to be organised via our site but we allow it as our members enjoy it, but it is modded so that we can keep an eye on it. Fiona does a bloody sterling job modding this forum and she would be a mod here with or without the Goa forum.

I am very annoyed, so much so I cant type properly

Sarah
I second everything that has been said by Sarah.

Im speechless!

Kath x
Fiona is, in my opinion, the hardest working mod Holiday Truths has. Chin up Fi :kiss
narial wrote:
(without us all you would not be there and you would not be a mod).
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl You my friend are suffering from delusions of grandeur.
Lassigirl, Fiona is so upset and angry and exsasperated that shes gone off line to calm down. I am sure she will read your pm when she comes back online.

Sarah
I'm sure she was Sarah, thats why I sent the pm, and as usual have got a prompt reply :)
x lassi
Well I too am speechless. HT doesn't revolve around the Goa forum. Fiona would certainly still be a mod with or without Goa and its members.

Narial, I think the least you should do is apologise publicly to Fiona for that comment.

luci
Fiona is a fabulous mod Narial , your comments are just plain rude to her, after all I know a few days back she was thanking you on this forum for your efforts in finding a location :que
What your point is I cannot really understand, but please do not have a 'pop' at Fiona who I happen to think is a brilliant mod.
I am sure most others will agree with me in saying you owe her an apology.
Fiona is a fabulous mod we are so lucky to have her as our mod in the goa forum
no we are privileged to have her
Ditto to the above comments, Fiona has always been a fair and hard working mod, we are lucky to have her, she is mayby not so lucky to have us,
Keep up the good work
Lin
It is lovely to read such supportive comment for Fiona, who deserves every one of them.

Biff
Fiona is fantastic, we couldnt do without her, and she does a marvellous job!
Thanks Fiona :tup
sorry everyone- i decided to sign out of Ht earlier on as I was upset. As a few of you know I have been struggling with my health and Sunday was not a good day for me. I probably would not have reacted the same if I had been feeling ok. Thinking through this, I have to think that Narial just did not word her post properly. She has gone out of her way to sort out a meet for Calangute and I have, as stated in previous posts and by pms, appreciated all she has done- as squigs said, we all need to give the benefit of doubt. She has been nothing but great in all her pms. There is a sticky about meets and I have explained the purpose of this thread. Let's hope that all the grief I have gone through in sorting out meets(along with all the help from Narial, Mike and Debs) is worth it all. :) I had no idea what a problem it would be when I decided to do something re changing the locations to something everyone would be happier with- but that's Goa for you.
Now- is anyone planning on going to the first meet in Calangute- is it too early for most members? I am happy to pm Terry and make it a later date.
Ps
I have read the pms and will respond tomorrow. They made me cry- you are all fab and have reminded me why I love being the Goa mod
xxxx
The way the flights have been messed about I am not sure there will be many people here for the 2nd November but you will just have to keep an eye on the November thread, I think.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY MODS ON ONE THREAD !!!!! :yikes :rofl

Mike
I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY MODS ON ONE THREAD !!!!!

To be honest Mike, we are a tight team. As admin, Kath, Glynis and I stand by our mods 100%, we know what a great job they do for very little thanks most of the time. We all support each other. Our aim on this site is to help people, infact we spend upto 40 hours a week, unpaid helping people, so I suppose when comments like Narial made are posted about one of our hardest working mods, we react.

Fiona has very graciously given Narial the benefit of the doubt, thats her lovely personality. I can only strive to be as gracious as she is.

Sarah
Couldn't have said it better myself Sarah!

Kath x
"I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY MODS ON ONE THREAD !!!!! "

Perhaps we should get up a team of 'Rockers' and meet them head-to-head on Brighton Beach ??? Sting could be our leader !!!

Joking aside, I think this has gotten slightly awry and potentially embarrasing in one way or another, for both parties concerned (Fiona and Narial). The problem with the written word is that individuals interpret it as they see fit. Narial may not have typed it in the manner that it comes over as.

Whatever the weather, I'm sure both Fi and Narial can sort this out, without others demanding apologies. Dont get me wrong, I can well understand the reasons why the other Mods have posted their support, but this can also come across as a tad intimidating.

Fiona and Narial, I'm not demanding any apologies, just that you make up and crack on with your good work on this forum. Life's way,way,way too short to be falling out over a 'meet' in Goa. :tup :tup
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.