General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You have picked one of the dearest times of year to visit the Canaries, christmas being the other. There are never any really cheap deals around that time. We own a time share in Tenerife and always visit for the christmas and new year period even though the cost of flights virtually double then. Is the price you have been quoted in an hotel and does it include any meals or is it self catering in an apartment? How long are you intending to stay?

Rgds Jackie
it is an apartment no meals included and its for 7 nights, thanx
Hi

We normally pay £250 plus for our flights at that time of year. If you work out you will be paying approx £750 - £800 just for your flights (no price change for child flights) the only thing I can suggest is to see if you can find some cheaper accomodation. Perhaps a privately owned appartment that the owners will rent out, but then on saying that most owners would I imagine use their appartments at that time of year, and those that don't would probably charge £500 or more for that week. Have a look on the Private Apartments for rent section you may be lucky, or even post your request on the Tenerife section, it may get more views.

Hope this helps
Rgds Jackie
Not sure where you want to fly from or the exact dates you want to leave but here is 1 for an example.

31 Dec 06 31 Dec 06 Flight (GSM667) LONDON STANSTED - TENERIFE - SUR REINA SOFIA
10:00 / 14:30
08 Jan 07 08 Jan 07 Flight (GSM668) TENERIFE - SUR REINA SOFIA - LONDON STANSTED
15:20 / 19:40

Total for 2 adults and 1 child £584.94
http://www.flyglobespan.com

Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa 4 stars,Puerto De La Cruz,Tenerife
All Inclusive
Total £559.09
http://www.freedomdirect.co.uk

Grand Total £1144.03 Transfers still needed
thanks jo that is great!
We've booked to go to Gran Canaria just before Christmas 18th to 25th.

We have booked with Thomson build your own holiday (flight and hotel).

We paid £1070, the package price for the same holiday with the same TO was £2300.

Maybe if you did it that way it could work out cheaper than trying for a package holiday, you only need your transfers then.

Didn't know Thomson did that until somebody pointed out only thought they did package holidays

Hope this might be of help.

Gail
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.