General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
If you intend having your daughter on your knee, go for a short 3-4 hour flight, which gives you plenty of scope. As to destination it depends very much on what you are after, quiet or lively. There are some lovely places in Menorca which are ideal for families with small children. Personally as far as board goes we find it so much more relaxing to go AI with the children, but then again it depends how much you fancy doing your own catering. If your daughter is onto mashed up normal food at least with AI you have a good choice with the bonus of if she doesn't like one thing you can try something else at no additional cost, with s/c you are left with the normal restaurant kiddy offerings, which is alright so long as she's ok with chips with everything.

My eldest was just under two when we did our first AI and it was great- icelollies on tap and then when she had gone to bed, we sat on the patio playing cards and one of us went upto the restaurant later to fetch snacks- it really was lovely.

There are pros and cons to each, s/c or a/i, but the delights of different restaurants each night without children becomes a different ball game with them, especially at 1 when they really are establishing their likes and dislikes. Since you don't have to stick to school holidays yet, you should get a good deal and there's nothing to stop you still having the odd meal out even if you do go AI. Bear in mind also that with the state of the euro it can be a very economical option.

Pam :)
the vista blanes in calan blanes in minorcas lovely its quiet and theres a beautiful little beach about 3 minutes away and in nearby calan forcat roughly about a 15 min walk away there are plenty of resterants and child friendly bars and shops and theres a big supermarket which is owned by asda!!
I agree Menorca. It's a very quiet Island with lots of young families. Plus point of self catering is that you get more room for all the baby's bits n bobs - mind you if you go for a one bedroomed apartment you'll be hit with supplements unless you go DIY :tup
Another recommendation for Menorca from me! Cala'n Bosch is a great resort for young children without being too quiet but not at all rowdy either. I would personally go for SC as you're not tied down to specific meal times and you have the convenience of the fridge/cooking facilities in the room which can be very useful with a little one. Although as some have said this may work out more expensive than AI because of the under occupency supps but I assume you'll travel outside school holidays whilst you can so you might be able to pick up something fairly reasonable. Let us know what you decide, Nic.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.