America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
New York Pass
8 Posts
Can you let me know what a New York pass is please? :que Went to NY last September, but not heard of one of these.

Thanks
Sarah
A New York Pass is exactly what it says. A pass to many of the attractions in the city. You pay a set price for a 1 day, 2day, 3day or 7 day pass and you then have free entrance to lots of places. http://www.newyorkpass.com
I didn't purchase a pass when I visited the city as I didn't think it would suit my needs but it can be very good value if you intend doing intensive sightseeing, visiting lots of attractions.
Thespian I'm sorry I can't be of any help as to which pass (or whether you can go to the front of the lines) to buy . I know that the Hopon-Hopoff bus also offer discount entrance fees along with their one day/two day bus pass to some of the attractions, useful if you aren't going to visit too many places.

Judith
Thank you. We only have a day and half in NYC (after we disembark from the Queen Mary) and we are going to cram in as much as we can. I've heard the queues for the Empire etc are huge. On the New York Pass web site it claims that you can jump to the top of the queue because you've already got your ticket but it seemed too good to be true!
oh we arrived in NY on the QM2, what a fantastic experience, you are going to love it :0)
thespian wrote:
Thank you. We only have a day and half in NYC (after we disembark from the Queen Mary) and we are going to cram in as much as we can. I've heard the queues for the Empire etc are huge. On the New York Pass web site it claims that you can jump to the top of the queue because you've already got your ticket but it seemed too good to be true!

I read somewhere else (I think it was Tripadvisor) that you could jump to the front of the queue. I think this is probably true as I know if you pre order the Empire State ticket on their website you don't have to stand in line.
I understand if you only have a short time there you won't want to be standing in long lines for attractions so I hope everything runs smoothly. Have a great trip. New York is an exciting place and certainly worth a visit.
Posted this on here Before....The Top of the Rock at the rockerfella Centre is so much a better expereince There are alot less people there the views are so much better you not caged in at the top,and plenty of room to walk round plus you can have your photo taken with the empire state building in the background.i know all the talk is about the empire state building in new york but doing both in the past only one choice for me....Enjoy your trip...

http://www.topoftherocknyc.com/welcome/default.aspx
New York City PAss was a waste of time as far as i was concerned, It was my second year on the trot in New York, spent a week there last year and 12 days this year.
After doing all the sights in 2009 we did pretty much the same stuff this year as our daughter came with us after missing out last time.
We decided to get the passes as they seemed a good option, poor product in my opinion, no queue jumping, and in fact, some instances you had to go into another queue to get your ticket to join the main queue.
the only time I felt there was any benefit was at the statue of liberty ferry, this did enable us to probably gain 5 minutes as we were ushered into a slightly faster moving queue.
The best option is to do an open top bus tour with greyline tours who are on every street corner.
They do a package which I think is $89.00 per person which also grants you access to 3 attractions in the city(Top of the rock/ Empire State / statue of liberty cruise / all the museums, etc etc) you just take your pick. for anything otyher than the 3 you can simply pay for tickets if you really want to go to them....I would reccomend the Statue of Liberty cruise which stops at Liberty Island and Ellis Island, fabulous trip.
The top of the Rock is great as the sun is setting, but for the Iconography you have to go up the Empire State Building, the fuss people make regarding the view from the Rock...blah blah blah, you can see the Empire State building blah blah blah....But you aint been up there!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.