Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Perhaps I've missed something in your post but if they've agreed to refund you the cost of the taxi I can't work out how you are out of pocket? I can't work out what the additional costs to you were because the hotel phoned for you so it reads as if there were no expensive mobile call costs that you could justifiably reclaim either. Perhaps you could provide a bit more detail on the additional expenses you incurred and then members can better advise you about what you might be able to claim for.

I appreciate that it is never nice to have to deal with this sort of anxiety on the return home but you did get to the airport in time for your flight so try not to let a last minute hitch spoil the happy memories of the holiday prior to this happening.

SM
Hi. We paid for a return taxi but only had a one way trip, therefore we consider that we should be refunded for the return journey that was paid for but not provided. I am not going to pursue any other expenses as there really weren't any ( the friend who phoned for us will not accept payment for use of her mobile phone.)
I have tried not to be too emotional in my recounting of this story, but we were extremely tired, stressed and worried. The transfer company had made no effort to contact us to advise that they weren't picking us up and we could not get hold of anyone to help us. We had enough money for our taxi home from the airport but had to borrow from friends for this additional expense as we had no extra cash.

We just want a refund of 50% of our initial transfer payment as we only had 50% of the service paid for plus a refund of the taxi fare we had to pay for. I don't consider this unfair?
By all means try and claim some compensation but you aren't actually out of pocket which was what confused me. Personally I would simply accept the refund of the taxi fare and move on - which is what I did when something similar happened to me in Cuba. I got to the airport in time to catch my flight home nor was I out of pocket so I saw no point in fretting over it.

And again personally, I can see why the company think that you are entitled to EITHER a refund of 50% of what you originally paid for and you absorb the cost of the replacement taxi your self OR you are entitled to the refund of the additional taxi fare only and that it is unfair to expect both. I think that if you want the equivalent of both then you are asking for compensation for the distress and anxiety caused and you need to make that case with them because they have ensured that you are not out of pocket. I can offer no advice re a claim for compensation - I have never been on the position of trying to get one on the basis of any distress caused by the actions of a TA/TO but perhaps others can help you.

SM
Thanks for your reply. I can see the sense in what you say, I think I have been so distressed with the whole thing that I lost sight of the basics! I shall have to accept their offer and move one, but please beware anyone using Holiday Taxis!!
If you are looking for a 50% refund on your transfer ie return refunded and your taxi refunded, you are looking to try and get a free transfer for the trip back to the airport.
That IMO is unreasonable. I would say you are entitled to one or the other, but not both. As Holiday Taxis have refunded you the taxi, the larger amount, I would say that was fair.
If are trying to claim compensation for the fact that you were stressed about it, that is a different thing and that needs to be taken up as a claim for such. It has nothing to do with a refund for the transfer.
Thanks for the replies, I have claimed my refund from Flightline and they are sending me a cheque out tonight, 1st class. Hopefully in future I will calm my hothead before posting, but it was lovely to have somewhere to come for sensible advice. Cheers! :)
Quite a few transfer companies have left customers without transport both to and from the resorts this year.
A company who was reported to have gone bust was still taking bookings and passing the guests on to other companies who didnt turn up.
This may have happened to your transfer and while it is of no consolation to you this year I would check the reviews of the different companies.
There are many recommended ones on Trip Advisor and for me personally I suffer the long transfer with Thomson or Thomas Cook rather than being left high and dry. :tup
starkeybabe wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I have claimed my refund from Flightline and they are sending me a cheque out tonight, 1st class. Hopefully in future I will calm my hothead before posting, but it was lovely to have somewhere to come for sensible advice. Cheers! :)

Thanks for coming back and telling us what you'd decided to do. Holiday Taxis are a well established company. In an agency where I used to work we used them a lot for transfers, and didn't have many problems. Hopefully it was a one off.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.