UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Knowlsley Safari Park
The Chinese Gardens(?) Rivington
The Canal the lift or plenty of walks along the banks
the flashes (wildlife area) Wigan
a long time since we lived in the Wigan area will keep thinking !
If you fancy a drive to Yorkshire.

Tropical world at Rounhay park Leeds, it`s indoor and a lovely safe place for a small child. You could then go to Armouries in Leeds centre. This would be a good trip on a wet day.

Cannon Hall farm near Barnsley is a fab place for small children. It has a lake and park next to it so you could make a full day of it. It`s not far from the m62.

Ponderosa at Heckmondwike 7/8 miles from Bradford, is again ideal for small children, they have a small play area, plenty of animals to see.There`s a cafe and plenty of picnic areas.

Lotherton Hall near Rothwell off the a1m link road.Again ideal for small children there`s some deer, a cafe and plenty of picnic areas.

Temple Newsome near Leeds has large gardens and a visitors farm.

We have visted all of these (except Armouries) several times when he was small, we loved them because he could run about in a safe enviroment. If you like the sound of any pm and I will give you directions to them or any other info you might need.
Blackpool Zoo is not a bad day out, neither is the Sea Life centre on the prom.

Stanley Park opposite the zoo has a model village that my daughters both enjoyed, the youngest was about 18 months old when we took them there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.