France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
We drove over to normandy may half term for a few days to do the DDay beaches. A trip that I would recommend to anyone , not just the boys and men who naturally love that kind of thing :D The best history lesson you could have and a very sobering but enjoyable trip. we went over on the eurotunnel from dover and it was a 3 hr drive the other side but you can go portsmouth/caen-ouistreham that would take you near enough there. we stayed in bayeux where the tapestry is which is very central to all the DD stuff but there is much more there to see and do if you dont fancy days on end of Dday.

One important point I would make is that we didnt find France particularly cheap.

lyn
we went to carnac,which is south brittany in june this year,we found ther was loads to do to keep us entertained, but that was 1 hour and a half drive from rosscoff.were gonna go back soon.if you would like il go into details.
Thank you both. Having done a bit more research, I was thinking of somewhere within an hour's drive of Calais - Le Touquet perhaps? Wanted to stay in a gite too. But my french plan has to be put on hold this side of Christmas though as we have just been offered an all expenses paid trip to Barcelona at October half term! I have to go and checkout a completely different forum now! I would still like to go channel hopping though and will probably start investigating again for one of next years early school holidays. Thanks again - Anice.
barcelona is fantastic,i think i would rather go there this time of the year than france should be alot warmer!! you should vist the nou camp,and a walk down la ramblas is good,portaventura only an hour away,somewhere to take the kids,hope you have agood time!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.