UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Pippy

There is loads of on street parking within 5-10 mins of the Chameleon. The best area to try is near the Playhouse - if you type 'Nottingham Playhouse' into Google maps then you can park in the roads to the south and west of here. Nottingham has different parking zones - you want to park in a Zone 2 space - aim for the red pins at http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=19771. Parking is £1 an hr until 6, £1 from 6-8pm then free until 8am the next day.

The Chameleon is a tiny venue just off the Market Square - don't be surprised if you ask people for directions and they have never heard of it! Stand with your back to the Council house and you will see an old pub called The Bell on the right hand edge of the square - the Chameleon is above the card shop next door. I've not been myself but my boss has so let me know if you have any questions about the place. Also let me know if you want any pub/restaurant recommendations.
Also the local name for The Old Market Square is Slab Square so if someone uses that in their directions it's the same place.
Probably depends on the age of the person and/or how long they've lived here - no-one I know calls it anything other than Market Square these days (and I've been here since 1995).
I went to live there in 1960 Corinne, a lot of my family are still there and it's still Slab Square to them,but as you say it's probably an age thing.
Thank you so much for your help!

Also good to know it's a tiny venue, best place for seeing great up-and-coming bands!

Thank you! :)
Managed to park a five minute walk from the venue and had a fantastic night :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.