UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
nottingham
7 Posts
Hi ashley.
You won't find a travel lodge/b&b handy for the city and airport as they are so far apart. The airport is nearer to Leicester/Derby than Nottingham city centre.
If it was me i'd pick somewhere in the city centre as it can be a nightmare getting out of the car parks after a concert/performance. We always go for a drink and wait for the traffic to die down but as i don't know how old your son is i don't know if this is possible. Holiday Inn often has some decent offers and that's in walking distance of the Arena.
Thanks for your reply. We arent driving as we are flying down. My son (10) and my boyfriend are going to the show but I am just going to hang about arena or hotel! Thanks for your advice - think its best to go for somewhere near airport as we are only staying for 1 night and flying back first thing next morning. We can then get off the flight, dump our stuff at hotel then go to concert. Afterwards we can get a taxi back to hotel and wont have far to go in the morning.

Thanks again
Ashley
Just for info, there is a Premier Travel Inn (former premier lodge) 5 mins walk from the Arena. Also at the rear the station where all taxis are, and really only 10 mins from bus station for link to the airport.

Good value at around £50 for a room only for the night. A bar inside to safely wait for your son to return from concert.

Best of luck.
Fine to stay here , just ask for upper floor otherwise traffic noise is awful. I stay here for work often
Hi I might be going to Nottingham this Sat, to a vegan festival - Its in the council house in Market square - is this near to the train station?

Will be doing some christmas shopping too - have heard Nottinghams good for shops - anyone know if there are any markets on or christmas markets on this weekend?

Also are there any good delis or unusual shops?

Thanks Alison :D
Going to go to Nottingham in June for a couple of nights can anyone recommend a nice relaxing hotel with a touch of luxury?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.