UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hiya

I work at the university. Which part exactly are you going to and will you have a car?
Hello there Corinne

I'm attending a conference at the East Midlands Conference Centre and I'm driving there from London. The Centre is, I believe, inside the University campus.

Can you recommend somewhere nearby you have been and would go again?

Thanks in advance!
Manuel
Hi Manuel

The EMCC is on the west side of the campus and is pretty easy to find with loads of parking. By far the nearest place to stay is the Innkeepers Lodge on Derby Road - http://www.innkeeperslodge.com/nottingham - which is only a 5 min drive away. The Riverside Travel Lodge is about 10 mins drive away - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/161/NottinghamRiverside - and the Premier Travel Inn at Castle Marina is only a little further away - http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=23913

I haven't stayed at any of them as I live in Nottingham, but friends who have stayed there have said they are ok.

Hope that helps!
Hi Corinne

Thanks very much for providing this info and these links.
This is very helpful.
I'll check this information out and let you know.

Cheers
Manuel
Hello Corinne

I ended up staying at the Travelodge: Nottingham Riverside.

I stayed there for 2 reasons: the website is very easy to use!| got the booking done very quickly! And the 'price was right': £29 per night.

At first I was worried since I got a room in the smoking part of the hotel and I'm a non-smoker"¦however, this was counter-balanced by the fact that the room given was a Family room"¦

As it happened the room was very spacious, being a family room this was expected, and although you could smell cigarette smoke in the corridor the room was free from any smells.

Other things I liked was: no noise from other guests during the night or early in the morning; bathroom was clean; linen was clean; carpet and other furniture was in good condition; staff were polite when I arrived and asked whether everything was OK at the end of the stay.

I'm a small man and found that the bath tub was a bit small compared to what I have at home...so it was a bit difficult to have a proper soak at the end of a hectic day "¦

Apart from that: having stayed for 2 nights I would recommend it to anyone who needs a-good-value-for-money room - near the University.

Thanks once again for your suggestions!

Best wishes for 2007!
Manuel
No probs - glad to be of service!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.