Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
But equally many of them were great... I am going in July/Aug for 11 nights and am not in the slightest bit concerned. I do look at reviews but feel as though I am able to pick out the wheat from the chaff so to speak. I can spot the habitual moaners a mile off, why they ever leave their own living room is a mystery to me (possibly because they are sick of complaining about their own cleaning standards!). I can also spot those reviewers who rate everything 10/10 and 'Fantastic Holiday' but then go into detail about how brilliant the animation team, or 'Jose' the barman was...I feel their judjement is impaired somewhat due to their late night escapades with the hotel staff! I look for detailed reviews that give a tip or two and show the pros and cons , in other words, a balanced opinion.
This hotel is cheap (so I am not expecting 4 star), in a good location, the apartments sound typical of such places but seem quite large, it is not too big and bustling (which was a plus for us as we wanted a smaller place this year) and the food in general sounds pretty good. If we get a little bored with the food we will walk 5 minutes down the road to the marina and have a change.
I plan to have nice holiday I hope you do too and as you are going before us, I would love to read your review upon your return ;)
Hi BeachBum,

Just returned from a great 11 night stay at the Nuramar. On arrival we were given a 2 bedroom apartment which was very spacious and clean with a additional bonus of 2 bathrooms and a separate external drying area. The complex was small (about 40 apartments/rooms) spread over the site. The reception, lounge area, bar and restaurant were equally nice and also very clean. The food was very tasty, cooked well and well presented. There was not the usual massive selection that you would get at the larger complex's but we did not expect this for the amount of rooms, people and the two hour slots each for breakfast, lunch and evening meal. Catering for lower numbers must be difficult.

The apartment was cleaned daily and fresh towels put out, the beds were made up each day. The pool area was well maintained and clean. Centrally located with the apartments surrounding it. Made attractive by the palm trees which also added some shade to areas. There was always plenty of sunbeds available and the pool area was quite quiet and relaxing. Not far from the bar which helped ;) .

Really enjoyed the stay and although been to the Viva next door, which was equally good but not as relaxing, we will definitely be returning to the Nuramar in the next year or two. Plan to try a villa next time.

Cant give any negatives because, like you, the hotel was cheap and we did not expect too much. However, it did exceed our expections. We paid almost three times as much to stay at the Viva and would have been happy if we had paid this for the Nuramar.

Hope you have a nice time.

PS. Buses run every 30 mins to Cuitadella (used to be every 15 mins) if that's helpful.
Nuramar do car hire at competitive prices with very cheap additional insurance of 8 euro to avoid excess charges - we had one for the day
Nuramar also offer discount on the Aqua Park although it was advertised free entry on this holiday
Glad to hear you had a good time jonah :tup

Many thanks for your report. When you have the time would you kindly write your review here please:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/menorca/cala-n-bosch/nuramar-apartments/

Many thanks :cheers
jonah126 wrote:
Hi BeachBum,

Just returned from a great 11 night stay at the Nuramar. On arrival we were given a 2 bedroom apartment which was very spacious and clean with a additional bonus of 2 bathrooms and a separate external drying area. The complex was small (about 40 apartments/rooms) spread over the site. The reception, lounge area, bar and restaurant were equally nice and also very clean. The food was very tasty, cooked well and well presented. There was not the usual massive selection that you would get at the larger complex's but we did not expect this for the amount of rooms, people and the two hour slots each for breakfast, lunch and evening meal. Catering for lower numbers must be difficult.

The apartment was cleaned daily and fresh towels put out, the beds were made up each day. The pool area was well maintained and clean. Centrally located with the apartments surrounding it. Made attractive by the palm trees which also added some shade to areas. There was always plenty of sunbeds available and the pool area was quite quiet and relaxing. Not far from the bar which helped ;) .

Really enjoyed the stay and although been to the Viva next door, which was equally good but not as relaxing, we will definitely be returning to the Nuramar in the next year or two. Plan to try a villa next time.

Cant give any negatives because, like you, the hotel was cheap and we did not expect too much. However, it did exceed our expections. We paid almost three times as much to stay at the Viva and would have been happy if we had paid this for the Nuramar.

Hope you have a nice time.

PS. Buses run every 30 mins to Cuitadella (used to be every 15 mins) if that's helpful.
Nuramar do car hire at competitive prices with very cheap additional insurance of 8 euro to avoid excess charges - we had one for the day
Nuramar also offer discount on the Aqua Park although it was advertised free entry on this holiday

Many thanks for the review Jonah and I'm glad you had a good time. You say the hotel offered discount at the waterpark behind the complex, what discount was this? I too had seen somewhere that guests at the Nuramar actually got in free. Did you stay in the hotel at night or go out as it seems pretty quiet unless you hook up with new friends? One last question,what is your best tip?
I'll post a review upon my return in earkly August and I hope it is as positive as yours, it'll be balanced if nothing else ;)
Hi Beachbum,

We didn't actually go to the waterpark but i'm pretty sure it was a 50% discount from reception. We went out every night after our evening meal like we have always done on our visits to Cala en Bosch. We went down the harbour or walked along the coast path. We always got back to Nuramar for the last hour before the bar closed sometimes taking our drinks back to the room and relax on the terrace. Must say it was never empty around bar area, bar staff always kept busy. There was entertainment at the Nuramar but limited could of been due to us going in may. Some of the guests were opting to have an hour next door - Marinda Gardens / Viva Menorca for their entertainment.

Regarding best tip i would say hire a car and explore the lovely sights/beaches of menorca. Cala Galdana is well worth a visit.

Have a nice time :tup
As promised, here is my review:
Returned yesterday after an 11 night stay. We were in Room 12 which is a 1 bedroomed apartment directly above the reception/bar area.
The hotel / complex is small compared to places that we have visited before but we knew this and in fact wanted a smaller, quieter place, and this fitted the bill.
Our room was more than adequate for the 3 of us. A seperate double bedrrom and a large 'comfortable' sofa bed. We had a small kitchen area and a full size fridge together with a very large sun terrace/balcony which had 2 sunbeds, a table and a couple of chairs.
The pool area and grounds were fine, clean and pretty safe, even at this peak time you could always get sunbeds, I think this is possibly due to there being quite a few Spanish & Italian guests who generally prefer going to the beach.
Food was good, we always found something to eat and quite often it was very nice, ok, now and again it might not be as hot as you would like but it is a small place and certain dishes were not replenished as often as they would be elsewhere. There is a microwave if you are that desperate to heat up your food.
All bar and restaurent staff were lovely and very attentive, the reception staff were slightly more 'frumpy'.
Entertainment was very limited and pretty poor when available but we knew this and it did not concern us.
We had a couple of meals out, down at the marina, which is a nice place to spend an evening.
Overall we were very impressed and would return. If we were to have one slight negative it would be that older children have nothing other than the pool to use. A table tennis table or basketball hoop etc might have been a nice touch.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.