Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Available everywhere in Goa.Lots of people on the forum(me included) swear by a product by Avon called skin so soft.

Do a forum search.Lots of posts.

Papa
We always use the Avon products for showering - you get a good covering, then before going out, a quick rub over with Odomos cream on the uncovered bits, and never seem to have too many problems (always one of the blighters is gonna get you).
Odomos you can buy just about anywhere in Goa at most stores / chemists / roadside stalls etc.. I have only ever come across the cream in a tube (looks a bit like a tooth paste tube) and last season paid 35rps for one - used 3 in our 2 week stay.
Thank you folks will follow your advice

Tush
we use the odomos lotion instead of aftersun and have had successfully avoided bites. Bought at Newtons in Candolim on arrival in resort.
Have tried using Skin So Soft whilst on holiday in Thailand & the Maldives ...... still got bitten.

Tried Odomos in Goa a couple years back ..... only got 2 bites .... one on my toe (where I didn't apply any Odomos) & the other on the back of my kneck (where I also did not apply any Odomos). I was so happy with the stuff, I purchased 10 bottles of Odomos Gel to brink back to me to the UK.

PS. It's also much cheaper than Skin So Soft .... & the gel version is very cooling.
Never seen the Gel version.
Does it smell the same as cream? (not that the cream is unpleasant, just a bit medical)
They probably do smell the same, but then again I have'nt used the cream version so I can't confirm.

It drys up pretty quickly, but the cooling gel effect works well in the heat & humidity.

Try some the next time you're out there. Also, taking Vit B Complex tablets helps too. I start taking it a couple of weeks before the holiday.
Odomos only contains about 12% deet - thus it's not all that effective as a repellent. :duh
That may be true Max, but it works and is clean and easy to apply.
Some stronger products I have tried feel greasy etc and one in particular took the varnish off the chair in the restaurant!
Don't have too many probs with Odomos, always seem to get the odd bite where I ain't put it though, and also a good price for an effective product compared to many others.
Sat in a bar near a bloke who must have had 100% deet aftershave on - came out with eyes streaming as though we had just been tear-gassed - noticed him a few times and always seemed to be on his own..
Spike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.