Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Mozzie spray
24 Posts
I usually use the Avon SSS because it's what seems to work for me, but there's a local one called Sinkov, which is maybe the one you mean, and another called OFF, which I know a lot of people swear by. Hope that helps.
Off and SInkov are both very good and the men can wear lemon cologne, that keeps them away too.
We always use Off and find it effective - and we live over there for half the year so need something that works!! Also, the lemon cologne is handy to carry round with you in the evening - and the smell is lovely and fresh; the barbers use it when they've given men a shave so it's grand for them. It's also lovely and cooling so it has a dual effect.

Jak xx
Thanks for the replies guys,

Lol i knew the hubby would have got the name of the spray wrong ( someone in work told him about it) but i really like the sound of the lemon cologne, do you know where i can buy it please? Thanks :tup
  • Edited by alsbaby 2011-03-07 23:50:54
We've always found that Sinkov works very well.
Alsbaby, you won't have any problem finding and buying the lemon cologne - it's on sale everywhere, from pharmacies and supermarket to little stalls.
Thanks for the replies guys.
Its off the shops for me tomorrow to see whats what. 11 weeks and counting :cheers :hols
i use lemon colongne all the time is cooling and fresh and keeps the little mozzies at bay off or detox in the red can works really well but does smell a bit :sun2
Hi maverick57uk is it just a cologne or can it come in like a mist spray? Wouldnt mind smelling like a lemon myself it sounds nice mmmmmmmm
You can buy it as a mist too - and it can be used by anyone, any age. I love the smell of it - it's very refreshing.
You'll be spoilt for choice when buying the lemon cologne - it's available in all sizes, from small spray bottles which are handy to take out in your bag with you to massive bottles which are handy to keep at home (and you can always refill the small bottles from it). The barbers always use it when they've given men a shave - you should see their faces when it hits the newly-shaved skin LOL!!

Jak xx
:rofl Ouch bet that hurts :rofl I want to be a barber now :hyper. Ha ha am going to get it and tell hubby after he gets shaved that the barbers use it and if the barbers use it then it must be good ( no i wont really but i would like too) Thanks for the info Jak x
Better still get him to go to the barbers while he is there, I'm sure he will love it. My husband never takes his shaving stuff when we go to Turkey he just goes to the barbers, they have a right men's pamper session there ;)
My husband thinks lemon cologne is good for first aid too, I cut my finger on a knife once and he grabbed the lemon cologne and sprayed it on saying the cut needed cleaning. OMG that really stung :yikes

I actually rounded up all the bottles of lemon cologne we had at home recently and refilled them from the big 2 litre bottle and we now have 7 full bottles round the house :rofl
hi alsbaby - me again. Me and my hubby do go away quite often and get bitten quite often. Infact everytime I go I end up at the chemist and have to pay a fortune for better anti inflammatory tablets. Last year when I went to turkey I took some Calypso insect repellent gel and a roll on after bite (can't just remember what it is called at the moment - will look when I get home) and they were brill - infact I took the roller out with me at night and it was used by several guests at the hotel over our 2 weeks. The gel goes on really easy and the roll on just stings for a couple of seconds when you roll it on and then just stopped the thing itching. These cost me £1.00 each from the pound shop in our town centre - they are the same everywhere - I am definatley taking it with me again this year - all I got was 4 bites and that was when I didn't use it for a couple of days at the beginning of our holiday.
Try it - won't break the bank and for a couple of quid you can chuck it if it doesn't work !!
Hi can you buy off in the uk. As it sounds good my son and i get bit terrible. But when we were in Zante by the time i got to the chemist ito but stuff i was already bitten to bits.So i would prefer to have at least one bottle and one bottle of lemon cologne.thanks
Skin so soft woodland fresh both me and my hubby use it im sitting here just now doing a sniff test , I think it smell of sports shower gel and lemon, the scents more male than female, I like it and works well for me
Feefee, it's the only thing which works for me too, and I am a mozzie magnet! I now wouldn't dream of going anywhere without covering myself in the SSS. I've got sensitive skin too, so I can't wear some of the more chemical repellents.
Thanks suemog i need all the help i can get as the little blighters just seem to love me and if bitten i have a reaction which is really uncomftable to say the least. Did you have a look what the roll on was called?

Mags sorry i cant answer any of your questions but someone on here will know.

Feefee i use the SSS woodland and it works a treat but i think the smell is girlie and my hubby and boys wont be happy to use it.

Thanks for the replies everyone :tup
Since I recommended the Avon sss to my son, he won't use anything else. He had a bad reaction to a bite one year and his leg all swelled up but has been fine since using the sss. The smell doesn't bother him. I also use it but I think the smell suits males more than females.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.