Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Oludeniz advice
10 Posts
Hello,

Olu Deniz is a beautiful place for holidays, we have been the last 3 years and love it!! Havent had a hol this year as have just had twin boys but we are booked for next year!!

Anyway in reply to your questions=

1. Getting to Kayakoy = Get the Dolmus from Olu Deniz into Hisaronu and down to the bottom end and get another Dolmus into Kayakoy (think these ran half hourly), or taxi from Hisaronu was not very expensive and have prices on boards outside of taxi area. We had lunch in a place called Ozzys, the owner was a nice bloke and gave us a lift back to Olu Deniz.

2. Sorry cant help here as have never been.

3. Restaurants I would reccommend are, Captain Hooks on the main strip (great Seafood and lots of other on the menu), The Secrect Garden in the middle area behind the main strip, Buzz Grill Restaurant does great food you can sit in down stairs area if you dont want to be in the bar area, although would definately reccommend this as a bar, its great with such a chilled atmosphere and the cocktails are great!! They have 2 happy hours each night. Sultan Pepper ( I think its called) in the middle of the main strip and Sultan Ahmet closer to the beach front. They are many lovely restaurants we havent had a bad meal in all the time we have been there.

4. I think the last Dolmus is around 12-12.30 but would check this out when yous arrive.

5. Its definately possible to buy beach towels there but not sure on the cost as was a couple of yours ago that we bought some.

Have a great holiday, Im sure yous will.

PaulaL
1) Yes the Kayakoy dolmus comes down the main street in Hisaronu and then carries on when all the other dolmus turn round the roundabout, it is hourly and usually at half past at the roundabout. Muzzy's is the restaurant in Kayakoy, it's on the corner, the dolmus stops outside. He's a great character and his food is wonderful, you could take your swimming costumes and use his lovely pool in the garden, a great way to chill. If you are into walking there is a walk over the top of the hill and down to Oludeniz, Muzzy thinks we are mad when we set off having already walked to Kayakoy through the forest but we have had a good lunch, relax and a swim and by late afternoon it is a little cooler. It takes a couple of hours.

2) You can get a dolmus to Saklikent from the Fethiye dolmus station (Otogar) where the Olu dolmus terminates. It stops at Tlos, Yakka park and a cave before Saklikent, quite an adventure. The jeep safari also takes in the Saklikent gorge, it's a full day with lunch included and very good value for money. It really isn't worth hiring a car, it's not cheap plus the cost of petrol makes it a no brainer to let someone else do the driving while you look at the scenery as the trips are very reasonable.

3) There are numerous good restaurants in Hisaronu, just a case of wandering along and looking at the menus to see what takes your fancy, there's no problem with being pressured to go in. It very much depends whether you want traditional Turkish cuisine or international. Shine is a very good Indian, Shanghai Blues for Chinese, both with excellent service. It is similar in Oludeniz but I would say there is more choice in Hisaronu.

4) Last dolmus down to Olu soon after midnight but a taxi doesn't cost too much if you decide to make a night of it.

5) Beach towels are very cheap, you can buy them in the Monday Hisaronu market or Tuesday Fethiye or just in the shops. I saw them for £2 last year.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time
Sakklikent is a fabulous day out. Would suggest doing it as part of an organised day trip as that way you will get to see the best of everything with a guide to take you up through the gorge.

The one we did gave us a stop off at Tlos archeological site where you can literally stand behind the archeologists as they dig, you stop at a carpet factory (bit of hard sell at the end but interesting anyway) and then the gorge where you are guided up the gorge in a small group - we had a fabulous time.

I would think that if you did it yourself, which you can by dolmus from Fethiye, you may miss some of the best bits. But of course its entirely up to you.

From Hisaronou you get the dolmus to Fethiyte and then get another dolmus from Fethiye to Sakklikent. Just ask at the dolmus station (near police station) and anyone will guide you.

Enjoy.
Thanks to you all for the info (and congratulations PaulaL on the birth of your twins!)
Looks like we will be arriving at Mavruka same day as you Steve. :)

Interesting to read about Muzzys Scousemouse. We always go to the Cin Bal but having read what you've written i have made mental note to visit Muzzys.
Thanks steve-mcr, they are great boys!! Have a fab holiday.
please can you help me,
me and the wife love turkey we have been to marmaris for the last 10 years and we love it but we think its time for a change booked for marmaris 2010
but we would like to go to olu deniz or hisaronu next year ,
looking for nice restaurantes good food karaoke bars people are telling me to go to olu deniz for the bars on the beach front , so can you help me deside were to go is it olu deniz or hisaronu,
all the help is needed tony,
It is very easy to skip between Olu Deniz and Hisaronu. If i were in your shoes i would lodge myself in Olu Deniz close to the beach and then hop on Dolmus to Hisaruno for the nightlife/restuarants in the evening.
the choice is purely yours hisaronu for all the nightlife and a few degrees cooler or olu for the stunning views bars and sitting on the beach bean bags and having a drink and a smoke on a flavored water pipe wicked, we always travel down to olu for the beach and sometimes late a nite for a drink undr the stars :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.