Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
oludeniz
7 Posts
Hi Brian

Just returned from our 5th visit to Olu deniz. (17 days) I may be biased but I don't know of any bad places to eat or drink (and we have been in most). All of the restaurants display menu's outside and they nearly all have a guy trying to get you in who will explain everything they do.

Our favourite restaurant was 'Josephs' and the man himself (he takes all of the orders) is quite a character. After a meal there was nothing better than walking to the bar by the beach where they put bean bags on the beach and ordering a drink and watch the sun set.

Have booked for 3 weeks next July can't come soon enough.

have a good one.
thanks for you help, it sounds great and i cant wait, im jealous of you already and i have not been there yet. brian
can reccommend 'Josephs restaurant he is quite a funny man been using his restaurant for a good few years never had any reason for complaint and as previosly said i don't think there are any really bad eating places in olu :lol:
Agree with the posts about Josephs, also give Hippyshakes a try, on the lefthand side as you are walking down from the beach along the main 'strip' of shops etc, its about 6 shops in from the end.

Cloud 9 on the beach, with the big bean bags is excellent. they play some cool chill-out music, great guys that work there - no hassle, they just leave you alone. The sunsets are amazing to see whilst sitting thereb sipping a cocktail (or 2!!)

You will have a great time, I am going on 16/9/07 for 2 glorious weeks. When are you going and where are you staying?
The Olive Grove and Secret Garden are both excellant restaurants. Well worth a visit. They're not on the sea front, or on the main strip, which is probably why their food is nicer - in my opinion anyway. :D

Strawberry
Try the Buzz Beach Bar at Olu for excellent tender steaks, we called to make a reservation and they picked us up from Ovacik, when we arrived our table for 4 was lovely, laid out with fresh petal arrangements at each place setting, after our meal we wandered around the resort and returned to the Buzz later on when they dropped us back at Ovacik.

We also eat at the Chinese place, can't remember its name, it's upstairs at the top of the main strip as you walk down on the right, food was mediocre, service very slow wouldn't eat there again.

Hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.