Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Thanks for your reply, am looking forward to the break. :D
Going on a city break 20th January for 5 days, staying at the Catolinia Majorca in Palma. Any tips on must do's for our time there. Does the Palma - Soller train run in January. Also good restaurants and bars for nightitme. Any info appreciated
"¢ Para los meses de NOVIEMBRE, DICIEMBRE Y ENERO:
SÃ"LLER-PALMA 8,00 9,15 12,00 14,10 18,15
PALMA-SÃ"LLER 8,00 10,50* 13,05 15,15 19,15
hope that helps
We have just booked a 4 day break to Palma. We havn't been to Majorca for years can anyone give us a rough guide of places to see or avoid. We are staying at the Costa Azul 13th - 17 next month.
The Cathedral and the adjoining old Royal Palace are worth a visit, beautiful old historic buildings. The nearby Arab Baths are a waste of time unless you like looking at broken down ruins.
Take the tourist train to Soller, the station in Palma is next to the main rail station and bus terminus. At Soller, just outside the station, take the tram down to Puerto Soller, walk around, have lunch, then back to Palma by same route.
If hiring a car then take the road north to Pollensa, then the road to Soller and down the West coast thru Valdemosa, nice towns and spectacular views.
Enjoy.
We have been to the Cathedral before, a long time ago, we thought it was lovely. Fancy trying the tourist train.Thank you.
Do you no how much about a taxi would be from the airport we are staying at Palma Harbour. Costa Azul Hotel
We had a four day break in January, it was great, good weather but the day we left it snowed. We were staying a bit further round the bay from you, don't bother with a taxi. get the No. 1 bus just at the airport really easy, E1.80 it will drop you off nearly outside your hotel. Do go to Soller its is a nice trip on the train. I posted some photos on http://www.tripadvisor.com find majorca then Hotel Catalonia Majorica, photos taken from our room and of Soller
Can you please tell me where the bus stop is at the airport. It's been a long time and we can't remember much about it.
When you come out of the airport just follow the walkway, there are signs for the bus stop, you walk so far along then turn right the bus is just at the end of the walkway
i go on a cruise that starts and ends in palma, at the start of the week palma's hot, at the end its almost raining like it doesnt want me to go! lol

anyone noticed anything weird like this?
Sounds normal to me. Here in Reading it snowed today but Friday is meant to be the hottest day of the year.

I have been watching Majorca weather closely over the past few weeks and its very inconsistant with, cloud, rain, wind and hot sunshine all popping out to say hello over the course of 5 days.

Did someone say global warming? :lol:
how was the cruise. going on one myself in may on the Island Escape.
never been on one before and I'm a bit apprehensive. Was it very cold at night. Where did you visit?
Does anybody know if Palma gets busy with lots of traffic during november/winter months? Thinking of going with baby daughter and didnt want lots of traffic.

Also would like to know if its not too boring in the winter. Would like some things to do during day and in the early evening.

Any hotel suggestions also would be appreciated.
We went to Palma Nova xmas 04 and it was extremely quite not much going on at all,a few bars and resturants were open
i am soon going on a weekend away to palma and staying in a hotel on the paseo martimo - can any one recommed some nice restaurants and
also things that i really should see/do while i am there

thanks in advance!
Hi emso, don't know about restaurants but in Palma there's the..

Cathedral and Almudaina palace

The old Arab baths are interesting (the whole old part of town is fascinating with its narrow streets - but get a map or you'll get lost!).

Bellver Castle is interesting to go round, and has fanatastic views from the top. You could probably walk there if you like a hike.

The central shopping area has loads of good shops.

You'll be pestered to go on a horse and buggy ride, it's up to you if you want to do this! Good fun but can be pricey. Haggle!

Have a good time !
definately the best €13 that i have spent is on the open top bus, it takes an hour but the ticket is valid for all day and you can get on or off as you like with buses every half hour, it also has a commentary in English with personel headphones included, we actually went on it twice in the last month because there was some much to see and do so i can really recomend it. Try to get to the alleys below the Cathedrall which are great of a night with lots of bars and resturants to try, you won't be dissapointed! GOOD LUCK.
thanks everyone for the suggestions :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.