Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Would you have thought Champagne vacations & service included actual champagne?
Well people often expect Champagne at Lambrini prices !!! I'm quite happy with a good Cava or Prosecco which in my opinion is often just as good as Champagne at a fraction of the price . I've also tried some English Sparkling Wine and can recommend Chapel Down from the Tenterden vineyard in Kent which is available in most supermarkets although it's not actually that cheap in price .

Most marketing blurb is more descriptive rather than what it literally says it is , but champagne service does imply champagne being served , whilst a champagne vacation would imply a visit to a region in France rather than Cuba to me . It is a poor choice of word to describe an actual product that Sunwing are selling and I think they are right to remove the advertising , but raising a claim does feel petty to me .
No surprise to me , in this "compensation" ridden culture we live in !
Is he really suing just because he didn't get served champagne though? I think he is making a point. If you advertise it, you should get it. Too often letters of complaint are just ignored or given a standard reply.
When you advertise something it has to be decent, legal, honest and truthful. Champagne the drink has a legal definiation and in the public eye it is a luxury item, something the TO alludes to

Sunwing said the terms 'champagne vacations' and 'champagne service' were used 'to denote a level of service in reference to the entire
hospitality package'

as the lawyer says -

"It's the consumer message behind it."
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.