Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Whilst you are waiting for some personal recommendations, why not check out our review section HERE

Kath HT Admin
thanks kath i am keeping an eye on all the hotels in that post. i just wanted some recent reviews from the folks in discussion forum . hope i get some x :wave:
villa de conde or reall either of the lopesan hotels in Masp, or the riu palace, if you look slightly further round to Meloneras youll find 99% of the hotels are 4 star or above
:sun2
thank you so much neilthebeaver i will checkout these hotels. thanks for taking the time to reply to this post. i really appreciate it. :cheers
no worries, have you managed to narrow it down at all? sometimes its easier knowing which hotels have taken your fancy so people have an idea of what you like. The majority of the hotels in Masp/Meloneras are of good quality but also cater to a very different clientele. Personally i feel that people can never go wrong with a Riu Palace resort, but again it depends what you want out of your hols as its all inclusive.
My wife and i had a fab holiday at the 4 star tuarito princess in the small quiet resort of playa taurito near porta mogan. All inclusive. All rooms sea view. Heaven!.
thanks for your reply sivvy1 its much appreciated i will go look at some info on this hotelx :cheers
Go to the Cordial Playa in Puerto Mogan. The resort is very quiet but is one my fave places in the world!
thank you toastedmallow i will look into this hotel as well, if it's your fav place in the world it must be good. x :)
If you change your mind and fancy Peurto Rico instead then try the Marina Suites :tup
Outside of masp / meloneras i would totally agree with above posts, Taurito very peaceful resort, mogan, though they seem to be doing their best to mess up with big new hotels etc, is still very pleasent.

Tauritos nicest 3 are all princess hotles, the Taurito princess , the Suite princess and Mogan princess.

New one at Amadores is Dunas Amadores (see post)
many thanks again, having fun looking at all hotels recommended almost as good as a holiday.teehee. :think
We've stayed in the Lopesan Caterina and Barcelo Las Margaritas - both in Playa Del Ingles. They are both 4 star and had no complaints about either. Check out the resort review about Playa Del Ingles first because if you are easily offended by gay people this is not the resort for you. Both quiet hotels with a 10 minute walk to Yumbo Centre from Margaritas and around 20 mins from Caterina.
thanks julieg i will look at these hotels,much appreciate your taking time to reply. :)
I would like to add another vote for Taurito Princess. we have stayed there a few times..excellent every time.

Mogan is another excellent resort.
thanks justval for your time and advice, it does seem a lovely place to stay. one more for the tick list xx :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.