Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hi, can anyone tell me if the hairdryers in the hotel are ok, I went on a holiday before to a different hotel and they were useless, I'm going on the 19th Aug and am busy packing, dont want to take anything I dont need.

Many thanks
Hiya Maisee, yes the hairdryers are ok in the hotel, they are attached to the wall and the they have a hose a little like the one's you get at the swimming baths. The one thing I did find though was that after a while the handle got quite hot to hold so I still at times ended up using my own. Hope this helps and have a lovely holiday :D

Shell :D
:) Hi Shell,
Thanks for the info on inflatables, much appreciated! How many shops are there nearby the hotel? And what sort of things do they sell?

Maisee,
You fly out tomorrow, how many of you are going, and where do you fly from? We go on the 23rd, myself, my partner and 3 boys aged 13, 13, and 5.
:P
Hi joanyy, there are just a couple of shops situated right by the hotel which sell all sorts of bits and pieces, a bit like a general store I guess, suncream, inflatables, food stuff, drink etc. The shop in the hotel is excellent and stays open until around 10ish at night. They sell all sorts in there and daily newspapers. We found some of their items to be cheaper than in the town. If you buy inflatables from the shop in the hotel, they will inflate them for you.

The shops along the front of the promenade are typical touristy type shops but if you do venture in them, the assistants will be waiting to pounce which can be a bit of a pain at times. The main town has a good mixture of shops but again it's difficult to browse at leisure as they can be quite eager to get a sale.

Enjoy your hols :D

Shell :wave
Hi Shell nice to know you got home ok, been back two days now and really missin the place, we had a really great time, my lad didn't want to come home, that's a first!! anyway got a date with the ironing board, see ya soon

have you heard from elli ?
Hello Shazzie T, :)
I'm pleased to hear you had a good holiday. Are you posting your review on any site, so we can see what you thought of the hotel etc.?
What was the weather like? Did you have any cloudy overcast days, or was it brilliant sunshine the whole time? Also was this your first visit to Crete? 8) Sorry about all the questions, I hope you don't mind!
Thanks Joan.
Hi joany, have just posted my review on crete hotel reviews so hope that answers some questions, weather was fantastic, up to 45 degrees somedays but always a breeze so never too sticky, besides your never far from some water to dip in to cool down. It was our first visit to Crete and we were a bit apprehensive with two kids 5 and 9, with flying times and heat, but they managed fine, factor fifty on everyday then they were off, nobody got sunburn.

Have a good time
Shaz
Hi Joanyy

We fly from Bristol tomorrow night and theres onlt three of us, me my husband and daughter who is aged 11.
Perhaps we'll see you by the pool or the bar!!!
Maisee
Maisee,
Hope you have a nice holiday! We arrive next Tuesday afternoon, flight time 7.00 am from Manchester. Hopefully we'll meet up at the bar or around the pool, and have a drink together. :D
Is all your packing done yet? I've not done any yet, but got everything (I think) ready to go in cases. :) Kids getting excited and counting down the days.
See you next week!
Joan.
Hi Joanyy

my packing all but done, husband has decided to freak me out and has packed nothing of his yet (very laid back man who does not respond to nagging)

have a good holiday yourself,

Maisee
We are going to the petra mare at the end of september and really looking forward to it after reading all the reviews. Can anyone tell me is it worth upgrading to a sea view room ??
we didn't have a sea view, and for the amount of time you spend in your room is it really worth it, plus the view of the mountains at the back is breathtaking. anything else you'd like to know, just ask
I am going next tues with g/friend and kids.

can someone tell me if there is a cashpoint on resort or if not where is nearest one and how long it takes to walk to it?

thanks
There isn't a cashpoint in the hotel. The nearest one is in town, about 10-15 minute walk. Not soo easy in 40 degree plus temperatures! The reception will change travellers cheques and pounds sterling for you. Hope that helps
Sean
we have a topic on finding ATM machines in general holiday enquiries use the following link and have a read

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=401

wizard

PS welcome to HT
Can anyone tell me if any of the trips first choice try and sell you at the welcome meeting are worth going on. thanks in advance.
Hiya gillsmad, can't really speak for the trips organised by First Choice as we didn't go on any but one thing I would recommend is a bus trip to Agios Nikolaos. It takes between 3/4 hour to an hour to get there, depends on the bus driver but the buses are lovely and airconditioned. You can catch the bus from the town centre it costs around 3.50euro's for an adult :D

We got back yesterday,holiday was generally ok but this hotel not really to our taste.We prefer to have somewhere for the kids to play and run around ie football pich,tennis courts etc.The water park is great but this wasnot enough to keep us entertained and my kids were asking to come home well before the end of the holiday.Kids went to the kids club but the activities were constantly repeated.The first choice team are not very friendly when you see them around and the shows are very amateurish-mind you we couldnot see many of them because their were alot of English families who allowed and encouraged their kids to stand on the steps of the stage and even on chairs making it impossible for anyone else to see.Rooms are very spacious but the cleaning of them was very poor.A word of warning our room was on the ground floor and we had clothing stolen from outside our room,the people alongside also had things taken and another family asked to be moved because of problems you also have to walk along a dimly lit path to get to the room so i wouldnot take these rooms if they are offered to you.Personally we would not recommend this hotel and we spoke to people who felt the same,however also spoke to a number of people who loved so it is very much a personal thing.
I would just like to add to what shazzacat has put with regards to items being stolen. In the fortnight we were there a lady had her jacket taken and also two digital camera's were taken so just be careful with your valubles.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.