Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hi everyone!. We have just been for 10 days (came back 21st june) Is there anything anyone wants to know about The Petra Mare or Ierapetra - im always happy to help! Here is a little info:

Main Reps -
Antonia, Sarah, Jon and Dawn (prefers Dory!)

Kids Club Reps:
Wavelength (9 - 16) Jennie
Bugs bunny - Sara, sarah, michelle

German Reps:
Sasha (male) and Marcel (male)

A trip:

3 BAY Cruise - go to 3 different beaches with sandcastle competition and games for the kids you have to pay €1 for a can of fanta / cola.

We had a brilliant time there - no faults nice weather. We even bought them some darts because they ran out!
Just read the latest reviews, many thanks to those who posted them.
Question for you,
How cold is it of an evening, is it just a cool breeze in the open or is it cool indoors as well, may need to re-pack the babys case .

QQuick reply would be great as we are going on Tues morning.

You will soon spot me I will be the nutter flying HUGE kites of an evening.
AId
RE:
:D - Ok, in an evening its about 20 degrees still. Although there is a slight breeze. We didnt wear jackets but it was a little cold - fleece type things may help if you are cold. All the rooms are fitted with remote control air-conditioning which you can set to between 16 - and 30 degrees. You can also set it to a timer during the night. During the day your room warms up so it is quite hot in there, thats why it is usefull to put the air-conditioning on. It also depends where you are. If you are in the bar opposite the shop and inside it is a good temperature. Although outside you are right next to the sea. So there is a breeze. If you are watching the entertainment there is a breeze, and if you are in the tavern then it depends where you sit to the temperature. Heres a few words as well:

Kalispera (Kally spera) - Good evening
Kalinichta (Kally nick ta) - Good Night
Kalimera (Kally meara) - Good Morning
efcharisto (Ef car ist oh) - Thankyou
Parikela (pari kela) Please

Hope ths helps you - if not please reply

From Adam
Many thanks CHEATKING4 for quick reply.
Next questions to all recent visitors to hotel :-

Is there a kettle in room ?

Is there Baby bottle streillisers available to hire ?

Is there a veggie option at meal times ?
No, there is no kettle in the room.
I don't know about sterilisers. My kids are 10 and 13.
I would say yes to veggie option.
Just 12 hours to go before we check in at the airport. :lol:
Bags all packed & re-checked, tickets & passports ready, kids bathed, fed & watered.
All thats left to do now is wait & get a bit of shut-eye before heading off for the airport.
Hope the Petra Mare delivers what we want, thanks to all who have posted reviews on here, should be a good holiday as majority of reviews have been favourable.
Will let you all know how it went in a couple of weeks time.

Aid
Have a fantastic time Aid :D
Hi I am travelling out on the the 19th july for a 2 week stay,would love to hear from anyone else travelling the same time with kids, my daughter who is 8 would like to meet friends,for a great holiday.
Hi blewen we arrive on the 26th which is the start of your second week, I've got a 10 year old Daughter and a 12 year old Son they enjoy there hols so much more when they make friends :D No doubt you will be nice and brown by the time we arrive so we shall probably stand out a mile :lol:

Shell :D
its nice to have a reply, i will have to arrange to meet you at the pool, my daughter is very extervert, the slides i think will be the main attraction,she loves the fear of rides, nikki, colin and lauren
Just returned from Petra Mare and after reading some of the previous posts I will say that for value for money you can't go wrong staying here.

Drinks it is help yourself to the beer, wine, tea, coffee and soft drinks. Spirits have to be asked for with generous measures.

Snack bar food is salads, chips and pizza every day with then a choice of either a kebab or gyros (greek meat speciality).

Main restaurant The choice of food here is immense although i can be a bit fussy with food you would not go hungry as always serving fresh veg or salads. The childrens menu is also an option and the fish fingers were out of this world.

The pools are great but the sides of them can become slippery and extra matting was put down while we were there. The pools are also cleaned regularly and the staff are constantly keeping things as tidily as they possibly can.
The slides opened from 10:30 - 12:00 and 14:30 - 16:00 which was more than adequate.

Evening entertainment starts with kids mini disco this does get repetetive but the kids loved it followed by bingo (definately worth a go for a bit of fun as prizes are good. we won over 200euros).
Bingo is generally followed by a quiz or game with the adults then the entertainment reps do their cabaret bit.

Overall a great holiday
Hotel constantly being kept clean with friendly staff.
Food good choices never went hungry and always tasty
Room beds a bit hard and uncomfortable but maid service every day
Facilities for lazing round the pool, splashing down the slides or going down onto the beach for a bit of watersports always something for everyone to do.
Entertainment as posted earlier this could be a bit cheesy but was always fun.

The rep Helen and the entertainment team Antonia,John,Christina and Michelle (Dawn left while we where there) could not do enough for you and any queries or problems were sorted with the minimum fuss and in the quickets possible time.
I would definately recommend a trip to the Petra Mare.
Thanks for taking the time to give us your review Graeme, glad you had a great time, I really can't wait now, just under 3 weeks to go :fly

Shell :wave
Graeme, nice to hear you had a good holiday, does that mean you would go back there? Can i just ask, what sort of water sports do they have on the beach, and are there extra charges for these?
We don't go till august 23rd. Is there anybody else going at that time from Manchester?
Thanks Joan.
Hi joanyy, have you checked these reviews out, you may find them useful :D

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/crete/lerapetra/

joanyy

Yes I would go back to the Petra Mare but not within the near future as I prefer a variety of locations to holiday at.

About to get the first choice brochure out and check on all inclusives for next year.

Watersports:-
Banana boat 15 euros per person (as a group negotiate to 10 euros)
Jet ski 1 person 30 euros
1 adult 1 child 35 euros
1 adult 2 children 40 euros
15 mins all jet ski.

Flyer and ringos 15 euros per person
Water skiing also available.

Joanyy I have a colleague at work going the same date as you.
Hi Graeme, it would be good for you to also put your review in the review section for others to read incase this thread gets missed especially with it being on the positive side :D

Graeme, glad to know they have jet ski's. Went on one last year in the Dominican. It was great! Will be going on them for sure.
Is the sea safe for children to swim in? Your work colleague also going 23rd august, has he/she got children and if so how old are they. Mine are 13, 13, and 5, and make new friends easily. by the way these are all boys. :bhead
Is your colleague flying from Manchester? :)
hi blewen
i fly out on the 19th july from manchester for 2 weeks i have 2 girls aged 10 and 8 who are willing to make friends anywhere they go. where are you flying from?

does anyone know if i need to take my hairdryer as brouchure says hairdryers in room?

is there any other good trips to go on ?

good to hear some good reviews from people just returning
:hyper Yay my tickets have just arrived in the post, I can't wait now :fly

Shell 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.