Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
shazzacat

we are there for 2 weeks between 2nd and 16th august, hope to see uyou out there
Has Bigboykarl arrived back yet? We're waiting with anticipation for his feedback on Petre Mare.
hi we are going to hotel on 5 july taking 6 year old and 18 month baby we were there 2 years since it was nearly all germans then hotel was great but catered more for them has it changed :lol:
BigBoyKarl - what were the transfer times? We're travelling on June 10 for 11 days. Glad to hear the food and entertainment are better this year. I'm taking a 13 and 10 year old. First time to Crete.
hi can anyone tell us if airconditioning in hotel is free or charged for and if yes how much
Hi joanyyI'm also looking forward to hearing from bigboykarl but there are quite a few postings if you click on the hotel reviews on the top of this page. They are all good too :P :P
I'm travelling to the hotel in August and really looking forward to going now. We have only got 9 weeks, 1 day and 12 1/2 hours to go, but who's counting. Me!!!!
Flingtong-thanks for working out how long we have until our holidays,getting very excited now,back to school(work)tomorrow so only have to get through this term and then have a week or so off work to get ready before we fly. :lol:
Well went out there, not knowing what to expect.....but it was a great holiday, both myself ,my wife and 3 kids loved it. It was so easy to make friends, my eldest even cried when we left because she woul miss her new found frriends.....
Great for the kids, have lots of activities throughout the day as well as the disco in the evenings. The grown ups can lounge by the pool all day, or take the 10 second walk to the beach... 8) Be warned though need to get up early and get your towels on the sunbeds.... that seems to be the norm there !!! Thats just the brits, not too many germans too worry about.
Food was good, plenty of selection on all meals, careful of the kids though, could overdose on pizza and chips from the snack bar....
transfer time was ok, had a minibus set up and was @1.5hrs, slept most of it though.
There is a slight breeze most of the time, which takes the edge off the heat, but don't be fooled....you will soon burn... i did :oops:
Overall a great holiday, hope you all have as much fun as we did.....
I have read a few things about the beach - is there enough of a sandy bit for bucket-and-spade loving kids? My two are 5 and 2 and like sandy beacshes. I am a bit concerned it will be too pebbly/sharp for them.

Glad to hear things are even better this year! Thanks to all of you for posting messages to help me decide where to go! :)
Hi Parky, thanks for letting us know how your hols went and glad to hear you had a great time. Glad to hear it's easy to make friends as I have an 11 and 12 year old and as long as they have company they are happy. I can't wait now, we :fly on 26th July for a fortnight. Hope everyone who's going out there has a wonderful time :D

Shell 8)
hi can anyone tell us if airconditioning in hotel is free or charged for and if yes how much

Hi Callum, the air-conditioning is included in the price :D

Shell :D
thanks shell for reply ::
Hi shazzacat I see you work in a school. Me too. Are you a teacher? I'm a teaching assistant. Good to see that all this year's reports are positive. It's making me really excited. :yipee [/img]
Just wondered about the sunbeds being reserved with towels, is this also the case with sunbeds on the beach? I really wish hotels wouldn't allow this :?

Hi again Flingtong,Im a Learning support asst(same thing as a teaching asst)currently working with a year 5 child with special needs.Looking forward to the end of term and our holiday,reviews seem to be getting better every time.Still no more news from Big boy karl though!!! 8)
Ooop's looks like we've got our first negative review this year. I'm not going to worry over it, it beats me how 7 reviews can give the cleanliness of the hotel full marks and then 1 review can give it 1. I do sometimes think with reviews that if a person isn't 100% satisfied with everything in the hotel then they will just be completely negative about everything, this of course is just my opinion. I think I'll take my chance on the 7 good reviews :wink:

hi we went to this hotel2 years since and i would like to say it was very clean the bedrooms were spotless the pools were cleaned every 2 days the hotel is lovely with fountains in reception we are going in 3 weeks time and cant wait . :lol:
The poor review hasn't bothered me either. All the other families had said that there was plenty for the children to do. Maybe these children are older and don't enjoy water slides!!!! Also when did the hotel profess to be luxury? You need to go 4* plus to be luxury these days. Malibu is also an imported spirit and I would think, very rarely, if ever, a part of an inclusive bar. :glynis
Have to agree Flingtong, you can't please all the people all the time but 99% of them is good enough for me :wink: Even if a holiday does have negatives about it, so what, you make the most of it and get on with it. I honestly think some people enjoy going away and moaning about the holiday from the day they land to the day they fly home, just enjoy :glynis

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.