Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just booked with TC today for Nov 21st from Manchester, nothing said then bout plane change so keeping fingers crossed :really
reff planes to goa in nov hubbie and i flying from gatwick on the 12th nov and we r goin by monarch tammie
What's the flight number, Tammie?

I think you posted on TA about this flight but I can't see any flight from Gatwick at 07:15 (or 19:15) on Friday 12/11.

In fact I can only see Thursday & Saturday Monarch flights from Gatwick - but I might be wrong on that.
flight change from 7.15 to now 8 oclcock fri the 12th from gatwick so it says on r tickets lol
flight number goin on the 12th nov is tcx49k coming back 27th nov tcx49l
Hello Tammie :welcome to the Goa forum I hate the Monarch planes seat far too small .9 or 10 hours is too long to be sat in the small seats .colleen
colleen tell me bout it i thot that was u , left u a message on ur email did u get it . geez i thot id come in here for a few mins and read a few things, yea right been of and on most of the morning , so much for me goin to get my hair done, oh well 2 morrow is another day, i tryed to pm u on this but it wont let me for sum reason lol
tammie
reff planes to goa in nov hubbie and i flying from gatwick on the 12th nov and we r goin by monarch tammie

Tammie
Who told you that you were flying with Monarch?

flight number goin on the 12th nov is tcx49k coming back 27th nov tcx49l

No wonder I couldn't see a Monarch flight from Gatwick on Friday 12/11 - TCX is the code for Thomas Cook!!!!!
If you were flying with Monarch, the flight number would be MON....
yes its the code for thomas cook but travel agents told us when we went to pick tickets up on mon past that it was monarch plane we r going with
I'd check with them again, Tammie - if you fly Monarch the prefix is MON, if you fly with Thomas Cook the prefix is TCX.

A Monarch flight will not have the prefix TCX.
oh pls dont im nervous as it is this being my first time to goa, hubbies 14th time but just to give me peace of mind i will ring travel agents now
Don't worry about it, Tammie.

You have your flight number and if it's not a Monarch plane (which it WON'T be with a TCX prefix) it will probably be a more comfortable flight for you.

If the Travel Agent still say it's a Monarch flight, I'd tell them the same as I said:
Monarch charter flights = MON prefix (except their scheduled flights which are ZB I think)
Thomas Cook flights = TCX prefix
omg just rang thomas cook and was told the girl who told me were flying with monarch was rong it is with thomas cooks own plane, sorry bout that and thanks for pointing it out to me
prettypollycat

when u think bout it and look more closely > like i didnt but u did < lol it shows in the tcx its goin to b thomas cook plane, how dumb can one be . new i was daft this just goes to prove it now lol , wel at least i no we r flying from here on the 11th to stay near gatwick airport for fri morning lol
Well, Tammie, that's a bonus because a lot of people hate flying with Monarch! :fly

Hope you have a good holiday.
And it probably explains why you didn't get any replies on TA when you asked if anybody was flying out of Gatwick on 12/11 with Monarch!
:rofl
haha yes u could be right there reff no replies, u can tell im irish cnt u lol
Nice of your travel agent to get it wrong, and send you into a mad panic.

You used to go to Travel Agents for help and advice. The number of times I have to fill in the missing gaps for them now!
tell me bout it , i told the lady on phone i wasnt to happy with the other lady and she couldnt say sorry enuff times to me , but in future i will look more closely at the tickets, and thanks im really looking forward to this, and hubbie is wishing it wont be my first and last time in goa ,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.