Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi - personally speaking I think a Thomsons cruise will meet all of your needs just about. - just be warned - once you try it its addictive!

We've done Thomsons med cruises for a few years - we have to travel during the school hols so for that reason we always book a year ahead to ensure we get the airport we want, and also a 4 berth cabin. This year we paid approx £3,300 for 2 adults and a 16 yr old - it was cheaper than the brochure price because if you phone thomsons direct they are keen to discount the price - we then went to Callers Pegasus who undercut their price - make sure you negotiate all inclusive.

We did no excursions this year, preferring to just visit the local ports, then sunbathe for the afternoon. Our on board bill was less than £100 - and that was mainly for some souvenirs and internet access.

Hope this helps - and I'm sure there will be others out there with other suggestions.

Gill

ps - the entertainment is EXCELLENT!
Hi laudan and welcome to the Cruise forum!

Have a read of some of our cruise reviews by clicking on the link at the top of the page. Any Thomson's cruise, Ocean Village, Island Star or Island Escape might suit you. The OV is geared up for families with lots of activities from what I have read although I have never been on it.

The New to Cruising topic may also have some useful information for a first timer.

luci :wave
All good sugestions so far but if you would like to get a more international(us) feel there are some good US ships(but not out of palma) or the Italian ships for a continental edge.

Budget is the key because the school hols get busy and booked up. and the choices given are good first time cruises.
Hi Lauden
You seem to be in the same position as i was in a few months ago and after lots of umming and arrring i decided on Island Cruises.
I did a lot of reading up and i to am going for the first time with 2 teenagers and wanted a relaxing holiday and as you said something differant to the normal.
We read lots of reviews and decided that 2 weeks may be to long as we dont know if we are going to like it or not and also if the children would get bored etc. So finally decided on last 2 weeks of school hols next year a cruise and stay in Majorca and a med cruise for £3500 all inclusive. Thought we would book the Rome trip through the ships website and just have a wander around the other destinations when we arrive at each port.
Goodluck Liz.
Thanks for all the replies.
Still, searching through web sites, brochures and watching cruise programmes on sky travel. Food and entertainment looks great but still dont know if the facilities for my 12 year old son are much different to the 4 star hotels will normally go to. I will keep looking, suppose you dont actually know until you try.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.