Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
portinaxt is a nice resort although quite quiet there are a few bars but most evening entertainment is based in the hotels, if you want throbbin nite life then you will have to go to ibiza town, san ant or the big clubs like Amnesia
have a peep here
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/portinatx_i.htm
Hiya, I read your post and thought you might like a little advice! I came back from working in portinatx in october 2004! I worked in the biggest hotel there the Presidente, its a Thomsons Superfamily hotel!
To be honest portinatx is a beautiful part of ibiza, depending on what you are going on holiday for it can be appealing or not so appealing!
If its relaxation, then its great! 3 beaches, really quiet resort! 1 late bar that stays open till 3 depending on how busy! a english bar called delboys which has all your kareoke and quiz nights and depending on what hotel or accomodation you want to stay at there will be entertainment till midnight!
You can ask me any questions you like??? :wink:
Hi Vicky

We are going to the Presidente Hotel in August. A friend who went there last year has suggested that we ask for a room at the front as these have a sea view and are sheltered from the Sun.

Do you have the email address or fax number of the hotel?, I don't trust the post.
Hiya,

It isnt a front room you want as front of the hotel overlooks the other big hotel el greco, just simply ask for a sea view! You will need to tell them your booking reference number!

The lady you will want to speak to is Pilar (pronounced peelar) she is the head receptionist and is the head of allocation if rooms she has been working in the hotel since it opened over 30 years ago and is very helpful and speaks good english!

Contact details for the hotel are as follows:

Hotel Presidente
Cala Portinanyx
07810 Sant Joan de labritja
Ibiza
Tel 0034 971 320 575
Fax 0034 971 320 577
Email: hotelpresidente@ecohotels.com

I hope you have an excellent holiday!!!

Vicky x
Thanks Vicky, that's very informative and much appreciated.

I think I'll email Pilar in the first instance, you don't happen to know what sort of chocolates she likes do you?

Come to think of it, chocolates in Ibiza in August? perhaps not.

My wife and I are stuck with Superfamily hotels for the time being as we have a 9 year old daughter. We've been to the Bonaire in Malloraca and the Vicoria Playa in Menorca in recent years but we like to go somewhere different each time. These forums and review sites are an absolute godsend as you find out such a lot that is not in the brochures, I'm addicted to them. Consequently we were able to walk into the Victoria Playa last year acting like we'd been there a week!!.
Hiya,

I dont think Pilar like chocolates!!! hehehe!!! Oh, yes she did, i remember it being her birthday and we bought her and ashtray and a big box of chocolates!! If i remember rightly they were milk tray!!! lol

I hope everything goes really well for you and to be honest i think your gunna have a brilliant time there! The thomson entertainer there is Krazy Kate she is magic and really fun to watch! The best bar man is sidi, so keep an eye out for him, he is talented! If you see him tell him Vicky says Hi!!! Thanks

vicky x
Right, I've sent the email to Pilar.

I don't think I'll push the "Vicky says Hi" too much in Portinatx as I am a 53 year old bloke and I see that you are a 23 year old fillie. You don't know if Saga do superfamily holidays do you?

Thanks again for your help.
Nah, Saga are for the over 50"s they take you to tea dances and stuff like that! I had a few friends in Puerto del la cruz in Tenerife who where Saga reps!

Vicky x
Dear Vicky:

Hello, this is Alex, 2nd Head Reception of Hotel Presidente in Ibiza.

We've got some guests arrived yesterday that they showed to us this discussion printed.

About sea view, we will give sea view rooms to all the guests that already pay the extra charge for a "Sea View Room" in great britain through Thomson's Holidays. As you know we only have a few.

And about chocolates, that's not enough for a sea view, hahahaha :lol:

Thank you for remember us, and kissess from all staff and Narciso (Manager)...
I thought I would just mention that I have been in touch with Thomsons. It transpires that sea view rooms are ony available on 7 and 14 night holidays - we are going for 11 nights.

I have requested a front facing room which I am led to believe are shaded from the Sun.
Nige,

We are also going to the Presedente in August from the 1st to the 14th, the more we read about it the more excited we get. As well as the reviews on this site and others (and the Sun newspaper website) I have also spoken with people who have been there and have not heard a bad thing about the place, appart from the hill.

If you go to this address there is a short streamed video on Portinatx.
http://www.thomsonbeach.co.uk/th/beach/viewSelectedResort.do?resortCode=000251&brochureCode=TH01

from there you can also click to view the hotel and there is another video on the hotel itself
Hi there

Thanks for that.

We don't arrive until the 8th August by which time you will have been there for a week. Perhaps we can meet up for a drink?

How will we recognise eah other - maybe the old pink carnation in the lapel?

Nigel
Nigel,

I'd love to meet up for a drink.

If I were laying by the pool sporting a lapel then somehow I think that a pink carnation would not be necessary. If I were laying by the pool NOT sporting a lapel then i'm not too sure where I would wear a pink carnation.
or who it might attract.

I also have a daughter who is 9 and two identical twin girls who are 7. So if you look for the short, fat guy with 3 daughters, you will probably have found me. If it isn't me, buy him a drink anyway, he'll probably need it.

When you contacted Thomson about the room with shade did you contact them through the shop or with the tour operator themsleves ?

Neale
Hi Neale

Well if no-one takes the michael I may wear my Nottingham Forest shirt. My daughter Catherine seems to make freinds quickly so get your kids to look out for her in the pool sometime on the 8th (we are due to arrive in Ibiza at 11.00 am).

If anyone else reading this forum wants to join us we can all talk about how much we are missing our computors!!

As for the room preference I paid my balance yesterday over the phone and made the request for a front room then. Try ringing Thomsons on 0870 550 2590 if you wish to upgrade or ask for a prefernce - have your booking ref handy.

As I said in my original post I was told by a colleague who visited the Presidente last year that the front rooms are shaded from the sun whilst the back rooms get the full force of it all day. How accurate this information turns out to be remains to be seen, maybe someone can enlighten us.

Nigel
Hi Nigel,

I'll give Thompsons as call tommorow. I like the sun but it's nice to get away from it sometimes.

My daughter Ciara is quite outgoing and makes friends easily. It a fairly uncommon name so get Catherine to look out for her. I'll look out for for the Forest shirt, at least you'll be distinctive :-}

Neale
Hi Neale

We are going to be away from home (and the computer) for a week or so but on our return to Nottingham Catherine wants to write a message to Ciara telling her what T shirt she will be wearing (she hasn't decided yet).

I'll probably start a new thread entitled "Presidente, August".
Nigel,

I'll keep an eye open for the thread.

Neale.
Hi Neale

We're back now but I didn't see the point in starting a new topic.

Catherine's gone off on her school camp for a few days still undecided as to what T shirt to wear on her first day in Portinatx so I'll have to keep you in suspense on that.

We returned home to find that the final confirmation of the holiday was waiting for us. It contained no record of the room preference I had indicated in my phone call to Thomsons. We'll just take what we get, the reviews I have read don't seem to say much about the Sun affecting the rooms on the back so maybe it's not such a big deal.

Nigel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.