Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Portinax
11 Posts
We have plenty of resort reports for this area Click Here to view

Have a read whilst your waiting for members to come back to you. 8)
we were it Portinatx last year. Stayed at the el Greco which is all inclusive but did try some other places to eat and drink. We didn't have one bad meal but the best(and most expensive)was at the one on stilts near the crazy golf,sorry can't remember the name,but the seafood was excellent.The best bar by far was Del Boys. On the whole it was a bit quiet ia Portinatx for me but the scenery and laid back atmosphere more than makes up for it. Treat the transfers as a sightseeing tour as it can seem pretty long but theres plenty to look at not just you're usual motorway.
Anyway I'm sure you will enjoy it!Take a look at a couple of photos here:-
http://www.seeyourholiday.com/Portinatx-Ibiza-photos
John
Hi there, we returned on Tuesday after staying in Portinatx for a week. Portinatx is a beautiful resort and the weather was fab whilst we were there. We stayed at the Hotel Presidente which is at the top of a bloody great big hill :shock: However, you might like to go to a bar 2 mins walk away.... its called PINOS PLAYA. It doesnt look much from the outside but it's a family run business and the food is excellent. There's a small hippy market just opposite on a Sunday evening.
We walked past the apartments you'll be staying at because we commented how nice they looked!
In the main area of Portinatx there's a bar/restuarant called PEDRO's worth having something to eat in and for a lovely relaxing evening drink on the seafront could totally recommend the S'ARENAL BAR AND RESTAURANT. Vince the waiter is a great guy and is very knowledgeable about the area. If you go there say Debbie & Chris say Hi (tell him Debbie's the one who drank all the Campari last week).
Hope this little info helps and enjoy you holiday
DebbieB
Going to the Presidente later this year. Could you answer a couple of questions please?
What are the bar prices like in the hotel?
Is there plenty to occupy the kids, aged 8, 11 & 15?
What is the food like?
Thanks a lot
Hi there, the hotel is excellent, very clean and the food is to die for. I have to say as a couple going away during the school term time I was very surprised to see so many kids around....still our fault really for booking a Super Family hotel.....by the way I'm not a child hater!!!! The children's entertainment I heard was second to none!
The bar prices are a little on the expensive side, my hubby has a vodka and lemonate and was charge 6.50 euros! I know you get more for your money with measures but I'd suggest going out to one of the many bars as it's much cheaper.
Overall I'd totally recommend this hotel....we loved it!
Hi DebbieB
Do men have to wear long trousers in the restaurant at the Presidente?
Cheers,
Mick
Hmmmm, not sure about that. Reason is that me a hubby didnt usually go for dinner until 8pm so we were glammed up ready to go out. Sorry :?
We stayed in the El greco 2 years ago. if you go across the beach and walk around the bay there are Several nice bars and restaurants where you can sit with a glass of wine and chill out watching the boat lights bobbing in the bay We found ist the most relaxed we had been for years . The S'Arenal does an excellent jug of Sangria we would sit for 2 or 3 hours without any hassle
No probs DebbieB. Does anyone else know if men have to wear long trousers in the restaurant at the Presidente. If we don't have to then I will not bother to take any, this will leave more room to bring home all that cheap booze!
No, men usually wear smart casual shorts in the restaurant - in fact just about the only blokes in long trousers were the waiters.

Furthermore I never heard of anyone getting turned away for what they were wearing even though some had virtually their football kit on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.