Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
portinax
13 Posts
have not stayed at that hotel but stayed at the Presidente over the road. It is very near the beach . nice beach but Portinax is a very quiet resort. pretty good if you like a quiet holiday just beach and a few drinks on an evening.
We stayed at El Greco about 5 years ago, had a good holiday. It's a big hotel with lots of people but never had to queue for long. Food was plain but ok. Water park ok, entertainment ok but very family orientated. Resort very quiet. I would go back.
We Stayed at the El Greco last May and had a very good holiday.

It's right on the beach which is great and has it's only waterpark ( well it's not really a really park - more like half a dozen slides ) but it keep my 2 ( 11 & 13 ) occupied for a few hours each day !

I thought the food was very good - you had plenty of choice to please everyone. The snacks weren't up to much but the main meals were lovely.

It is a big hotel so can be quite noisey but it doesn't go on too late.

The entertainment wasn't up to much when we were there but the childrens club seemed well organised for the younger ones.

Try to avoid the lower floors - I would reccomend floors 2-4 as you get better views and it's abit quieter.

I found the staff to be helpful and friendly.

The rooms were a bit small - the family rooms are very cramped ( we intended to go again but have 2 rooms ! ) 2 people in a room was plenty any more and you're in each others way a bit. We didn't spend much time in the rooms so it wasn't a big problem.

The resort is quite small but it's very safe and friendly for the kids. We don't like lots of shops/ bars etc so we were fine but we did only go for 1 week.

The land train is a good trip for a couple of hours. We also did 1 rep trip to the Waterpark at Playa den Bossa. As usuall you pay over the odds for organised trips but it was worth for the kids.

If you go for a walk ( away from the shops ) you can play 'spot the geckos ' which the kids love......spent ages trying to catch them !

There are a lot of steps which you have to be prepared for.

If you want a beach holiday were you don't have to do much or travel far it's great .........if you want bars/ discos/ shops maybe not for you !!

BB
Bejay, or anybody else. Could you give me a bit of info about the presidente hotel, specifically the standard of food, price of drinks at the hotel bars, sunbed availability, and type of entertainment in the day & evenings. I am thinking of booking for next year when my kids will be aged 4 & 6 and my brothers kids who will be coming with us will be 16, 11, & 9. Thanks.
We stayed at the El Greco in August/September last year without my kids and I agree with everything that Bristolbird has said.
The hotel is right on the beach and if you don't mind the number of steps to get there it's ideal.The beach is really good and you have fish swimming around you,a lot of people were feeding them with pieces of bread.We spent most of our time around the pool.
The food is good but it does get a little boring after about a week and a 1/2.The drinks for the adults are good and kids can get as much as they want with no complaints from the staff,I saw one little girl get 4 drinks and 5 ice-creams in 20 minutes and the barman just smiled and kept serving her exactly what she wanted.
That brings me nicely to the staff I suppose.They are all very pleasant and all give you a smile.Except maybe Carlos who looks after the restraunt but even he's ok if you get to know him.
There is always something going on during the day to keep the kids amused even when they are not at the kids club and plenty to keep the adults active if you want,from darts and table tennis to vollyball and waterpolo.Evening entertainment is also good and aimed primarily at the kids.We also went across the beach to a bar called Dell Boys in thr village.Tuesday night they have a singer pianist guitarist called Vinny who is really good.
:shock: I've just looked at what I've written and didn't reallise whow much I enjoyed my time at El Greco.
All that remains is to say I would recomend this hotel to all.
Check a few of my photos out here-
http://www.seeyourholiday.com/Portinatx-Ibiza-photos
We stayed at the Presidente last August and had a wondeful time.

The food is excellent with plenty of variety and even an occasional carvery.

Drinks are bit of a rip off, if you ask for a pint, or a large beer you get a 33cl glass for 2.75 Euros. you can actually buy a 33cl bottle of San Miguel at the same bar for 2.20 Euros. Don't let this put you off as expensive drinks are the norm whereever you go.

You need to be up early to get a sunbed in a prime location and if you leave it till after breakfast you may not get one at all. The reps are continually asking guests not to reserve sunbeds but if you don't you risk noy getting one.

The only problem with the Presidente is that it is built on a terrace on a hillside and as such the pool area is rather small for the size of hotel. Consequently the beds are placed very close together and you lose your personal space.

There is entretainment pretty much all day for adults and kids, either take it or leave it. The kids evening entertaiment starts about 8.00 but the main act doesn't appear until 10.00 when the kids are dropping off to sleep and many mums and dads have to take them to bed - thus missing the show.

The shows range from excellent to abysmal.

All in all a fantastic hotel for a family holiday - better than the El Greco with it's all inclusive - always lowers the tone!!.
If you stay at the Presidente, can you use the water park at the El Greco and if so do they charge you? Also I have heard that people buy their booze at the supermarket and drink it in the hotel (Presidente). Do the hotel allow you to do this or do you have to hide it?
Yes you can use the waterpark and yes you do have to pay. It wasn't a lot....less than £10 per adult ( I think it might have been £7 but I'm really not sure ) ....You have to go to reception and they give you a wrist band that lets you come and go all day.

I think calling it a waterpark is a bit mis-leadng. It's a big pool with 4 slides. 2 were quite big and had a big drop and bumps in them ( I wasn't brave enough for them ! ) 1 is a long slow widing slide and the last one was through a tunnel. That said the kids loved it and easily spent most of the day there.

There was also a toddler pool with one slide in it.

They have sun longers / shades, bar and toilets.
I asked one of the Thomson reps if we could use the El Greco waterpark as it did look quite good - she said that we couldn't.

Just as we were about to leave a fellow guest told us that they had been several times by purcahsing a wristband at the El Greco.

There's a moral there somewhere!! The reps often tell you what they believe to be the case which isn't always correct.
Does anyone know the telephone number of the Presidente hotel please?
Try this, posted by Vicky, a former rep, before I went.

Hotel Presidente
Cala Portinanyx
07810 Sant Joan de labritja
Ibiza
Tel 0034 971 320 575
Fax 0034 971 320 577
Email: hotelpresidente@ecohotels.com

See the full thread on this forum entiled "Portinatx 7th May" from 7th June 2005 - page 6.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.