UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Havent stayed in a hotel locally but have often visited. Usually stay at Llandudno.Snowdonia is an extemeley beautiful part of the British Isles. There is plenty to do and see.
Snowdonia itself which covers a large area.
Abersoch with its chrystal seas and excellent beaches
Cardigan Bay down as far as Barmouth were time almost stands still
Cearnarfon with its historic castle
Betwes- y-coed and swallow falls
Llanberis and the train to the top of Mount Snowdon
Porthmadog to Festiniog Railway
The Isle of Angelsey.

Sorry cant help with the accomodation --- last time l stayed in the area was in a tent.
Hi Johncob,
No worries about the accomodation....I don't do tents though! :roll:
From what I've read and your post there seems to be plenty to do so that's great..must book it now!
Thanks Tinka14
You could actually stay in Portmeirion - it probably wouldn't be cheap but would be romantic.

http://www.portmeirion-village.com/en/index.php

Must agree, Snowdonia is a really beautiful area with loads to do. We tend to stay in Llandudno and explore form there. I've also heard good things about thr Ty Gwyn Hotel in Betwys-y-coed, which is also a good base for exploring.

http://www.tygwynhotel.co.uk/
Hi

There are some really nice beaches and things up that way too, we had a great time on Blackrock sands I think it is, you can drive down onto the beach...its really wide and lovely in summer.

There is lots to do, depending on how far you want to travel out, we actually stayed on a caravan park I do believe, but cannot remember where etc, will have to find out...lol (how useless!) and worked from there, it is a lovely part of the world...

Karen x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.