Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
pick a luxury hotel.... http://www.holiday.co.uk has some great Named lates on..

You won't have a problem food wise, so much food is vegetarian. As a rule, avoid hotels with a large German intake... too much pork and sausauges.

Most hotels cook hot pasta to your requirements at open buffets and there are loads of cheeses and salad dishes... just take a dinner plate rather than a starter plate!

If you are not in the centre of Naama bay, you won't be troubled by noisy drunken people, unless they are in your hotel. Unfortunately you don't know who else is in the hotel! Some hotels are 20-30 mins by car away from Naama, so you can avoid teh "nightlife"... its not like the costas, and lots of places just serve non-alcoholic drinks.

So i wouldn't worry... just make sure your hotel has the facilites you will use eg no kids clubs, anaimation teams, spa treatmetns, sports?
Hi Gemma, i was in a similar predicament to yourself, having never been to Egypt before i was unsure were to go, i wanted somewhere reasonable quiet and peaceful. Dispite being at the sorry old age of 22!! After loads of help from everyone on here we decided to go for the Hyatt Regency in Taba Heights. Nice and quite, good snorkelling and good food! So i'm told!!!

You should check out http://www.longwoodholidays.co.uk and order/download a brochure!

Good luck!
James
Would personally recommend Coral Hilton in Nuweiba
Perfume - interesting comment about the Germans at hotels: been there, done that. Not good when you are full board and Vegetarian!!

Bennett8 - coincidentally I was just reading about Taba and thinking that sounded good. Also reading about Sharm and all the taxi drivers and shop owners - I never appreciate that kind of hassle!!

Thanks for the link!

Am a little concerned about the middle-of-nowhere-ness (huh?!) of Taba - looking at a map it looks quite a way away from Sharm, don't suppose anyone knows about day trips?

Will also check out Nurweiba - Thanks Bexmark26!
Stone de croze !

If you want crowds then Sharm would be perfect for you. No matter which hotel and which area of Sharm you are in you will see loads of people.

Much more than Town on a busy Saturday afternoon.

If you like isolation, and big hotels that are much more glamorous than St Pierre Park then Taba Heights is for you.

But if you want a nice quiet and relaxing holiday then its gotta be Nuweiba.

Beautiful scenery... peace and tranquility.... nice sandy beaches with water warmer than Vazon on the hotest summers day... superb snorkelling a thousand times better than Port Soif or Marble Bay... loads of interesting excursions to places such as the Little Chapel of Sinai ( St Catherine ) or to the Castle Cornet of Sinai ( Salah el Deen Castle on Pharoahs Island ) or to the various canyons and bedouin villages and so on and so on.

And Nuweiba is the only place in Egypt that you ll find a Guernsey flag and Randalls bar towels and beer mats in a pub.

And Nuweiba is the only place in Egypt where you ll find a hotel run by a Donkey.
Hi Gemma
If you want to be out of the way and quiet, but near to some restaurants then I would suggest maybe the Habada area of sharm el sheikh. Its about 10 mins by taxi from Naama bay which is where you will find the restaurants, and as long as you go for dinner arounf 8 you shouldnt be harrassed by drunken people. I stayed at the Mexicana Sharm which is in the forementioned area and it was lovely, quiet enough to be away from it all, near enough if you wanted some activity. The hotel was very friendly, and it had its own beach which it ran a shuttle bus to called diamond beach which was fab. The only thing I would say about this and most other areas of egypt is that if you plan to go for a walk then be prepared to be harrassed by shop keepers, taxi drivers etc etc. Im off to El Gouna this year which sounds far more relaxed, and I know that they have regulations in place meaning that people cany harrass you...the potential downfall is that you may not see the 'real' egypt if you go here.
Hope this helps :D
If you are happy to stay in your hotel and just do organised tours then the Hyatt in Sharm was lovely. Naama Bay was a bit commercialsed for me (McDonalds, KFS, Pizza Hut - you get the idea) but there were some nice local restauarants on the beach that were nice if you did venture out.

We weren't looking for hundreds of bars and clubs, but still found Naama Bay ok. Some people could have covered themselves up a bit better (itmight be a tourist resort but it's still a Muslim country). We would alternate nights in the hotel with a night in Naama Bay during our time out there.
Oh... one more thing... look up HT member DS1 and contact them. They were out in Nuweiba last year.

They are the kind souls who sent the Guernsey flag out to Nuweiba !
Thanks for all the good info!!

Swissinai - what are the chances of finding a fellow donkey?!

As good as Nuweiba looks, I have decided on the Taba Heights, Hyatt Regency - mostly cos of the good hotel reviews. I will hopefully be day tripping to Nuweiba, if I can figure out how to get there!

Have found a deal on Panorama for £588 for 2, Half Board, 1 week, end of Jan.

So long as no one has anything bad to say about Panorama (they look legit, I think its a big travel company, just I haven't heard of it before?!) I shall be booking later tonight
Well its probably the best hotel in Taba Heights... better than St PP :lol:

And don t worry about Panorama as they will get you ijnto your hotel safely.

Hope we do meet up... I 'm only down the road, eh ?
Originally posted by swisssinai
And Nuweiba is the only place in Egypt that you ll find a Guernsey flag and Randalls bar towels and beer mats in a pub.

And Nuweiba is the only place in Egypt where you ll find a hotel run by a Donkey.

Don't forget the Spurs glass, bar towel and mats.
And as for donkey, I think of him more an ass. :lol:
After wot appened the other nite to Spurs, mate, I feel a right big Ass !

Better to bring a Guernsey mug, beer towels and mats as at least we beat Jersey last year in the Muratti, eh !
Good Choice Gemma!!!

I'm off there on the 6th February! You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back!

I guess it was my great advice that persuaded you, right? :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.