Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
You will find resort reports for Majorca on the following link.
They may help you decide which is best for your family.

HTH
Biff
If you want day and evening entertainment for the kids then generally you need to look at big hotels and would suggest brochures like Thomson family. If you entertainment is to be inside the hotel then the differences between Majorca and Menorca will not be too much.

Menorca is quieter than Majorca but with children of the age you have I dont see how this will effect your holiday. Majorca does have more choice in type of resorts and hotels so you maybe be best going there for your first holiday abroad together. Somewhere like Alcudia in Majorca might suit as there are plenty of hotels and choice and it can be quite lively. I prefer Puerta Pollensa but this is a relatively quiet resort although there are bars with singers on etc but is not heaving with nightclubs. I believe there is also a Thomson family Hotel here with a variety of kids activities for all ages.

I think you need to think about the evening entertainment I for one have never considered hotel or even the bars entertainment of great high quality and more a case of passing the time. I am more interested that the kids are happy and occupied then I can relax.

I do think both Menorca and Majorca are both suitable but as I have said before you may have more choice on Majorca in terms of different resorts and accommodations so if you need to star narrowing your search then this would be my choice.

Any questions about either island pease ask I have been to both but there are many more experienced posters here who can answer any of your questions.

Kind Regards
Stewart
We have been holidaying in majorca for the past 4 years and are going again the first week of may. We now have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. We have been to palma nova and alcudia. I would imagine that either of those would be suitable for your needs, there are a wide variety of accommodation available from all inclusive hotels to self catering options. Both of the above beaches are superb for children, very clean and almost flat, so that going in the sea is very safe and fun for both adults and children, as there are hardly any waves, and you can go out almost as far as you care to without it becoming too deep for children. I would encourage anyone with children to try majorca as it really is very child friendly :)

Satin
When our Son was 4 / 6 we went to Menorca with Thomson holidays and found the childrens & adults facilities great.
:tup :cheers I have been to Majorca around a dozen times and highly recommend it. I would choose it also because I have a 6yr old and she loves it there.
Menorca is a very pretty island, but the resorts tend to be smaller. (and quieter)

Majorca is busier, but there are more things to do there, and possibly a greater choice of flights, especially from regional airports.

If you go to Majorca I would suggest you avoid the big complexes in Alcudia which might be a bit overwhelming for a 4 year old, unless your child is very confident. Otherwise Alcudia is a good choice, with a long sandy beach with shallow water. We love Puerto Pollensa! As mentioned before, the Thomson Superfamily (which I think are now called Family Club) cater for youngsters. There are several of these on the islands.

You then have to decide if you want to go to a hotel or be self-catering. SC gives you "freedom" but in my opinion, you either spend loads of time and effort shopping, and cooking with limited facilites, or you eat at restaurants all the time....whereas with hotel buffets, you can choose what you want with no waiting (and 4 year olds HATE waiting for meals!!).

Hope this helps a bit, but there is nothing to beat hours spent perusing the brochures very carefully.....and reading resort/accommodation reports.
Just seen this and guessed you may have booked already. We have been to Majorca several times with young kids over last few years and really enjoyed it, booked with Thomson Family.

As noted, Puerto Pollensa is a lovely resort, but depending on where you stay quite a bit of walking, but lovely scenery. Thomson hotel is the Playa Mar (20-25 min walk to centre, along sea front).

Sa Coma is nice with balance of slightly larger resort but not too big, superb beach.

We booked hotel direct with Thomson on-line and fliughts with Jet2, much cheaper.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.