Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
To be honest, I would be more worried about catching it at the Airport or on the plane.

I guess if you also spend a reasonable amount of time in crowded bars (particularly full of Brits) then there is an increased risk there too......

John

EDIT: Apparently (BBC) Spain has had 1,300 cases, UK has 10,000 confirmed but may be as high as 55,000 !!!
just back from san antnio bay.
reports of swine flu in a few bars but rumours running mad and what some people take as a sneeze or in my sons case asthma
others take as full blown swine flu, quite disturbing how some people judge without knowledge or docs opinion.
Back from ibiza now just over a week- within 3 days of being bk home our friends, from down south (Who we holidayed with)- the husband was diagnosed with swine flu.

Just keeping our fingers crossed- it hasn't been passed onto us, or the other family we went on holiday with.

Belly

*Just to add- I completely agree with what John says- it was most likely caught at the airport or on the plane home- and probably not in resort*
At the end of the day it's not much different to normal flu is it? You would think we are talking about the plague.
*rattles some old metal together

Bring out yer dead...........bring out yer dead........ :D
There was a death in Majorca on the 15 July, the day before we left.

Notes were up as we entered Majorca airport about swine flu there.

I am 7 days back on ok, did have a sore throat for 4 days though but no other syptoms. To watch for 10 days though.

I work for the NHS and GP said there is probably 1/4 of folk coming in the GPS probably have it anyway and don't know...
At the end of the day it's not much different to normal flu is it? You would think we are talking about the plague

With some official estimates predicting up to 65,000 deaths in the UK alone as a direct result of Swine Flu and also 1/3 of the population infected at the one time I would say there are some reasons to be aware of it.

I don't think there is much point in worrying too much as to be honest there is very little that can be done to prevent the spread other than taking reasonable precautions such as washing hands and the proper use of tissues etc, we will just have to wait on the vaccine becoming available in the Autumn.

Anyway I have taken some simple precautions, here I am ready to go on holiday with my new suit :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/big-graham/Avatar/chemsuit.jpg
Enjoy your holiday.

Whilst we were away you don't here anything or anyone speaking about swine flu unless you but a uk newspaper.

You've as much chance as getting the normal cold....

I took one of the mini hand gels just for quick and easy hand cleaning if I was worried anywhere..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.