Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I guess it's got to be Ibiza Town then.

2 buses or 1 (longer) boat ride.

John
bus number 18 from es cana to s/e then bus number 13 to ibizatown.i would set off early one morning say.just after breakfast.9am ish.that gives you a good full morning till lunch to shop.the town is full of side streets loads of what you call normal shops.

if you walk down to the post area.thats nice.lots of crafts shops places to eat ect.best to get a map of ibizatown so you don;t get lost.i will help you if you need info at all.

bus trip should only take you less than 40 mins if that.if you time the buses right.
Maybe somebody can confirm or contradict this....
but when we were on a day trip to Ibiza Town last summer from our resort, we headed off to the shops, hoping to find something like El Corte Ingles, as in Palma Mallorca....
but there were only small shops - a lot of posh boutiques and shoe shops, and of course souvenir type shops near the Dalt Villa area.
Did we go the wrong way?

And what I mean is..unless Watkins wants posh boutiques etc....is there any point going to Ibiza Town for shopping?
well far as i know there is no shopping mail as such.like in uk or plama.shops are all over the place.there is a indoor market.but thats thats fruit & meat ect.i would say depends what your after really.shops for all price bands.but you can buy almost anything you wish from the amount of shops there is.

san an is not bad for a half day out shopping and looking.at least you can say you have been.only really 4 streets that go uphill.but you could have lunch there and make a trip of it.
Hi Everyone

Thanks for your reply, we just wanted to have a day away from the hotel to do a bit of window shopping really. Ibiza town sounds good, will make sure we have a trip there in August.

Thanks again.
you won't find any big shops in ibiza. palma can support big commercial ventures because 60% of the population of the balearic islands lives in that city, the current population of ibiza town is 15, which includes two dogs.

sdII
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.