Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
I can't seem to get in, says my user name doesn't exist :que please help.
Please ensure your username is identical to the one on here and your password also matches your password on here..

Feel free to copy your username from here rather than typing it in. I've posted it for you here to copy:

silverpixie1uk

HTH

Van :tup
Sorry, don't like it! Can't find anything. :(
Have asked a question on the new site about the photo's - perhaps one of mods admin can answer here. There was previously some pics on HT of cruises from members (I was looking for trhe Thomson Spirit) and I know they were there as started to look some while back, but never finished. Well can't seem to locate at all now on here and on the new site there are no pics under cruises at all. :que
So far, there is a small improvement IMO but , like the last version, it's going to get very untidy. Trying to find what you are interested in is going to take ages.... unless I am missing something !
I have copies of every image from the old server and am in the process of transferring them...All images will be uploaded and more categories will be added...

I'll do the cruise pics as a priority starting this evening.

You can see a list of categories by clicking on the media tab on the .tv site and then choosing a region on the left top box but if you know what you are looking for, say Majorca, you can type it straight into the search box on the top right of the .tv site.

Hope this helps

Van
Thanks Van - honestly it's not a priority at all - I have seen the heading for Cruises so if you have other things it's not a problem, hopefully will have some of my own to add soon. Thanks :cheers
Thanks...It's not a problem adding the categories as they need doing and it won't take too long...

They'll then be there for people to add their images to.

Van
Have added the categories for all ship currently listed on the reviews page....

Click this link: http://www.holidaytruths.tv/c/428/Cruise_Ships/ and it will drop you into the Cruise Album ... I'll be adding the pics asap but members are free to begin uploading into the respective album.

Regards

Brilliant Job Van, hav taken a peek - you obviously have an orderly mind ;)
Thanks, Van, I followed your advice and tried uploading a few photos. They seemed to work well. I cut the size down to make uploading faster.
The new site took a little while to get used to but I think I'm sorted now. I do think a couple of things could be tweaked e.g.-

Can't seem to upload more than one photo at a time, wheras in the old gallery we could do 5.

It would be easier to browse for the picture and upload before having to write the dexcription- I have so many photos in 'My Pictures' that as the upload process stands, I have to look through 'my pics' first to choose a photo and think of a description. Wheras if we could browse and upload that process will be taken care of and then all we'd have to do is write the description. Not sure if you know what I'm talking about but at the moment lots of us are having to open 'My Pictures' or wherever we've stored them, twice.
One gripe I have Van and I believe it has already been mentioned is that if we are viewing a particular members photo's we have to click on each one individually to enlarge . Could we have one of those arrow things to move onto the next or better still a slideshow option.

Unless of couse I'm missing something which is always possible :)
Since it has up and running, i cannot get into it, wont except my name or password and its identical.

Another thing i have asked about is after 3 days even though i tick the box to keep me logged in, it logs me out always.

I gave up in the end :(
Is it possible to edit the comments on my photos? The automatic comments have added something that is not correct. They have mentioned the wrong mosque in Rethymnon Fortezza. I'll add the other mosque anyway.
shirley h wrote:
The new site took a little while to get used to but I think I'm sorted now. I do think a couple of things could be tweaked e.g.-

Can't seem to upload more than one photo at a time, wheras in the old gallery we could do 5.

It would be easier to browse for the picture and upload before having to write the dexcription- I have so many photos in 'My Pictures' that as the upload process stands, I have to look through 'my pics' first to choose a photo and think of a description. Wheras if we could browse and upload that process will be taken care of and then all we'd have to do is write the description. Not sure if you know what I'm talking about but at the moment lots of us are having to open 'My Pictures' or wherever we've stored them, twice.

I'll look into multiple uploads and also understand now what you mean re the upload before description...Will look into both but I'm not hopeful at this time. I know when the new release of the software comes out these have been ironed out but there is currently no release date.

lynwestie wrote:
One gripe I have Van and I believe it has already been mentioned is that if we are viewing a particular members photo's we have to click on each one individually to enlarge . Could we have one of those arrow things to move onto the next or better still a slideshow option.

Unless of couse I'm missing something which is always possible :)

I looked into this and there is a solution but upto press haven't been able to get it working. I will persevere.

Derwentrocker wrote:
Since it has up and running, i cannot get into it, wont except my name or password and its identical.

Another thing i have asked about is after 3 days even though i tick the box to keep me logged in, it logs me out always.

I gave up in the end :(

It never logs me out and the user/pass must match perfectly...
Try changing your password and then retry ensuring you use the D no d in Derwent.

rpbristol wrote:
Is it possible to edit the comments on my photos? The automatic comments have added something that is not correct. They have mentioned the wrong mosque in Rethymnon Fortezza. I'll add the other mosque anyway.

Not possible I'm afraid, however, please feel free to PM Alfiesaint and he can delete comments.

HTH

Van,
Thanks so much for attending to all our little 'wants'. We'll leave it all in your (and Alfiesaint's) capable hands. I'm sure you'll do whatever is possible and feasible.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.