Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
well as I have said will be there in just over 6 weeks, will let you know what it is like. If its anything like Iberostar Bavaro where we stayed last time it will be great x :cheers
I look forward to hearing about it dinner-lady. We've stayed at Dreams la Romana and Riu Merengue and loved them both so I'm contemplating a return to Dom Rep next yesr.
Shirley,
The times I have used them, I have already been aware of the best mainstream quotes that I could get, but that is not the reason I went with them.
I was researching and researching but not coming up with something that jumped out at me, so in desperation, I thought I would ring them to see what they had.

Best decision I made. They were extremely helpful not pushy, advised me on various countries and hotels with up to date info that was not on the forums, didn't get upset when I totally ignored their recommendations, added my own suggestions etc.
Coincidentally they were significantly cheaper when I did make a selection and booked it.

Admittedly my usage has been quite close to the departure date (< 5 months) so I am not sure how next years holidays work, although I do seem to recollect someone being initially extremely disappointed with long range quotes, but very satisfied when they actually decided to book.

In my first instance, they were able to source the hotel from a local company and so I had a choice of carriers, which all came in at different prices and times. Luckily for me the most convenient time was also the cheapest as they had a special offer on. We had no complaints whatsoever with any aspect of the holiday.
It was impressed upon me from the start that although they can source the elements independently, they are selling the package and it is covered as such.

If you have ideas of what is out there and you also have a good idea of what you want from the holiday that is missing from or would augment the existing options then it would be best to contact the CW as I found that there was a lot of personal experience available for guidance.
My first contact was regarding a holiday in the DR and, about a week later, we eventually opted for Mexico, following fairly long conversations during which I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of "push" so often evident. The type we have all come across where a deal is only available now etc.
With the CW, if a price was dependent upon external factors, I was informed of the exact limitations and it was left entirely to me whether to jump in or run the risk of a price rise. I like to research and be sure of my facts but luckily for me it all worked out and when we added a couple more people to the party a few weeks later the CW even managed to bring that in at the same rates. (surprised them as well).

I have recently contacted them regarding a specific hotel and time in the DR and they have supplied me with prices for various party sizes. Due to circumstances, the budget is out of reach, but they have not pressured me and left it entirely to me whether I pursue it now, later or try something different as they have hinted that there may be better deals available with different choices.
From my point of view, I am of the opinion that if I had firmed up and decided to make a booking, there was probably a much better deal to be made, but as my choice was so out of reach, and I do not have current alternative requirements, I did not waste everyones time by trying to negotiate a cheaper deal that I would not be taking up anyway.

Good Luck anyway.
following fairly long conversations during which I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of "push" so often evident. The type we have all come across where a deal is only available now etc.

thanks for all the info Steve. Did the phonecalls cost you a lot i.e. were they premium rate, local rate or freephone?
Just returned from a Dom rep holiday booked last minute through the Caribbean Warehouse.
Yet once again, I had great advice and excellent service from the CW.

Everything was as stated and the holiday, a Thomas Cook package, was smooth and enjoyable. (and significantly cheaper than on the TC website on the day)

That is my third holiday booked through CW and I greatly value their advice and expertise.

I also appreciate the simple method of contact whereby I phone a low cost number and speak to the person I want to as soon as they are available.

It is some time since I used a major TO to book through but I recollect several occasions waiting on the phone for up to 30 minutes until some faceless agent was free to pick up, take my query and then more often than not, fail to answer it.
I have not had any such problems with the Caribbean Warehouse and on the last booking they even held off making the actual booking with TC and spent half a day trying to contact me to confirm I was happy with a different factor of the booking that came to light during their TC booking process before they would commit me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.