Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Maybe I'm looking at this differently but everything occured on the same holiday, she isn't trying to get reimbusement for flights on a subsequent holiday, Jakki only had one holiday booked which had to be cut short and her insurance company paid for an early return to the UK due to her partner's illness so I very much doubt they would pay twice for the return.
In 1999 my father had a heart attack when I was abroad, my airline didn't have flights available and on contacting my insurance company they told me that I would be reimbursed for the flights that I had to purchase for an immediate return on another airline, which they did, but was still holding the original unused l return ticket. I very much doubt the Insurance company would have reimbursed me for this ticket which is pretty much the same situation as Jakki is now in. No harm in trying though.

Jakki may be able to persuade Thomas Cook to reimburse her for the tickets. She may also be able to sell the tickets on Ebay but they will only be for one way which will make it more difficult.
Oh dear Judith, I think I may have misunderstood. Apologies if I have and caused confusion.
doepsmc wrote:
Oh dear Judith, I think I may have misunderstood. Apologies if I have and caused confusion.

Doe

When I first read Jakki's post I thought the same as you and I also said to contact her Insurance Co. as they would surely reimburse her for unused tickets but when I re read the post later I thought maybe I hadn't understood correctly and was
probably posting incorrect advice.

Judith
Having read your post Judith, I'm tending to agree. In essence jakki has only had to pay for one flight (all be it a flight she hadn't planned on taking). She would have had to pay for a flight home whatever the circumstances.
I agree Shirley.

I would like to think she could get reimbursement for her unused ticket, but I would think legally as she has had a paid flight home it won't happen.

Judith
Thanks everybody, you're right in thinking that it was the one holiday (we were lucky enough to have a house in Turkey and spent three months at a time there) so I can't see the insurance company paying out (nor do I think they should).

I suppose I was hoping for something from Thomas Cook as at this time (without going into too much detail about my private life), my circumstances have changed and every penny is going to count.

Thanks for all your kind comments though.

Jak xx
Fingers crossed for you Jakki, there can be no harm in trying to write in to Thomas Cook and appealing to their better nature, you never know you may get hold of someone who has a bit of discretion in what they are allowed to do.

xx
hi jakki....just wanted to send you a hug...and say sorry to hear about your partner.....tweetie
I personally cannot understand why Thos Cook seem to be getting the blame. They have taken a booking and the OPs circumstances are such that they will not be using them. A straight forward commercial transaction.
It is a matter for the insurance company. The fact the insurers arranged for the OP to fly back early on another flight has nothing to do with it. There is a documented booking in place that due to the circumstances cannot be used. That should be covered by the policy. Without asking them then the OP will not know if they will not pay out. Yes I agree that if the insurance company say no then appeal to Thos Cook for a goodwill gesture but at this stage I see no reason for them to do so.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.