Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Re: Dubrovnik
34 Posts
That could be a possibility Glynis, as my sister lives only around an hour from there :tup
Just noticed this thread. We're going to Croatia in May and got 7 nights b&b at the Dubrovnik Palace, including flights from Manchester and transfers for a total of £1066 for the two of us with Monarch. We only booked in mid February, so they may still have holidays left.
WOW - nice hotel! And near enough to the centre on the public bus. Do visit the surrounding area too if you can ... I recommend visiting Mostar in Bosnia and Kotor in Montenegro. Your price sounds excellent!
That is an excellent price. :tup
We have wanted to return for years and my cousin suggested we go with them this year.
They are staying at the Hotel Lapad for 2 weeks in July but its £1,649 EACH. :yikes
I could have 4 or 5 holidays for that price. :rofl :rofl
I too was SHOCKED when I saw the prices for July/August ... luckily we were able to work out a deal with my husband's employer to for him to work the usual shutdown period and to go in June .. almost half-price!

Croatia does seem to have gone up in price enormously in recent years ...
Evening Everyone,

Does anyone know how much it will cost via coach or taxi for a transfer the the airport to the centre-ish Dubruvnik area i'm staying at Hotel Lero ?

Many Thanks

Legs
Been back from Croatia (Dubrovnik) for almost a week and can honestly says its an amazing place with lots to do there and the people are so friendly I was expecting a few to be rude but to my surprise that didnt happen :wave:

The prices of food / drink / tourist stuff is not as expensive as people make out its about the same prices as the uk.

Hotel Lero was very nice only 5 mins from Old Town on the bus but it could be walked in 15-20 mins but as it was so hot I didnt like that idea !!!

Another good thing about it is the transfer to and from the airport is about 25 mins so no messing about on long coach transfers.
Did you do it as a weekend break type of holiday Legs .

Dubrovnik is still on my list and once again im considering booking for oct .Havn't checked prices yet though.

Would probably only do 2 /3 nights, so mainly looking for a bit of culture , historic stuff , nice restuarants and bars to eat and people watch .
Hi Legs we popped over to Dubrovnik from Cavtat a few years ago now and enjoyed our visit.

When you have time would you add your hotel and review here please:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/write-review/

Many thanks :cheers
Hi Lynwestie,

I went to Dubrovnik for a week and found that there's lots of things to do to keep ypu busy there for a week and with the weather being great and people very friendly it made it a superb week away.

2-3 days will be fine there as its a fairly compact place so if you want to do the tourist stuff its easy to get round them in that amount of time.

They have the city walls which gives you a great view of the city, the summer festival was on when we were there with different activities taking place each night, different museums to look at we went to a few including the war photo museum, lots of water sports to do if you're into that sort of stuff and great restaurants and bars too :wave:

Legs
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Hi Legs we popped over to Dubrovnik from Cavtat a few years ago now and enjoyed our visit.

When you have time would you add your hotel and review here please:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/write-review/

Many thanks :cheers

Hi Glynis,

I have just completed the review for you.

Legs
Thanks Legs .. I will certainly be checking the flight prices/hotels . If they are reasonable enough for a weekend it's definately top of the list .
Many thanks Legs for the review :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.