Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
you walk on the planes at palma airport.so just walk down the walkway.and inform handling staff at door.they will then take it down to aircraft,make sure you give yourself time to get to gate.its a long walk.if flying with tui its a busy.as there can be up to 8 flights going out.muti check in so use any desk.
Update on current situation.......mainly to say that they are taking longer to check passports.
When we arrived with thomsonfly on 17th July, we were at the far end of terminal/gate A. It took ages to taxi to our stand from the runway, and a long bus ride back to the airport. So you certainly don't always "walk" onto the aircraft! The walkways weren't working and once we got to the end of the queue it took 20 mins to get through passport control. Standing in a hot corridor.
Then our luggage was on belt 13 (the only good part of this being we didn't have long to wait for the cases once we'd got there!) and it is a long way back to the coach park.

On the way home on 31st July, yes there are loads of Thomson check-in desks but the queues were long even at 9.15am. They didn't weigh the hand luggage separately as they did in UK. There was a notice at check-in advising passengers to go straight to their terminal/gate due to the increased time for passport checks.
We got through security quite fast I must say, the queues moved well. Then we took the risk of dashing into the main Duty Free shop for our ensaimadas and some Palo and Hierbas
(yes we probably are mad :) )

We had to go to terminal/gate A again, and this time the walkways were working, and thank goodness the queues for passports weren't long, or slow-moving...the guy hardly looked at mine! I've no idea how busy it gets at other times of day.
Terminal/gate A was heaving. There are lots of food outlets there, but all had long queues. There is a small Duty Free shop which sells most branded sprits etc. and some perfumes (didn't look at the ciggies, sorry) but no Palo or ensaimadas.

So of course I couldn't possibly advise people NOT to hurry past the main airport shops....although a leisurely meal is probably out of the question.......but if you are there in good time and want some ensaimadas etc....that is your only chance.

(It's not in the airports best interests to have people scurrying past the shops, is it? :que )
Hi,
Does anyone know if there are any planned strikes for Palma airport for Easter 2013?
Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.