Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Yes I think it will be warm enough to swim in the sea all depending on the winter they have had in Corfu as friends live there I know there has been a lot of rain.
I suggest you take a warm garment for evenings a bonus if not needed but I think in May it will be unless you are a very hardy person, think the Islands are at there best at this time of year everywhere is clean and frshly painted, the sheets in apartment Hotel etc always seem very fresh
Hope you have a lovely time what ever the weather sure it will be better than in England
pojo
We're going on May 1 this year - we went for the last two weeks of Myy last year.

The weather was very warm, but there will be a reasonable chance of some showers.

Just take a lightweight jacket and light jumper to be on the safe side. The weather is never guaranteed but should be niceand warm.
May is before summer has properly settled . It is an unpredictable month so be prepared for the odd late April shower and bring something warm for evenings, though you could get lucky and not need it. The sea is not likley to be very warm but that is coming from someone who no longer swims till its a warm bath in July! It is however a beautiful month, the wild flowers are still out, the island is green and lush, and quiet, you will find it so different to August! The fireflies make the olive groves fairyland. It is true the island and its people seem fresh. Its a wonderful time to walk too.
[/url]
thanks to you all. We booked May as it's our silver wedding. I didn't think about the weather at the time. I was imagining the holiday to be a replica of August holidays spent in Greece - days by the pool and on the beach and evenings at a local taverna with a greek salad and an ouzo or two. Oh well, probs have to alter the day plan if we could have rain. It will be a change to do a bit of exploring I suppose.
We go to the Greek islands every May.Daytime temps have varied between mid 70's to mid 90's (Skiathos) and evening temps between 16 and 22 degrees.We have had a little rain but it's usually been a quick shower or a quick thunderstorm.Either way not enough to spoil the day.Happy anniversary for May and enjoy yourselves.
thank you. Looking forward to it. May will soon be here. If anyone's been to Kassiopi, please share your experiences. We passed through on our way to Acharavi many years ago and it stuck in my mind, hence the decision to stay a while this year.
We went to Kassiopi for the day during our holiday in Roda.It was a nice resort with an attractive harbour.Not too quiet but not a place for the rowdy crowd either so good for couples and families.Some nice restaurants and bars and some of the best coffee I have ever had in Greece.2 or 3 nice beaches nearby.There is a shop round at the right hand side of the harbour that sells household linens with the most beautiful lace trimmings.Well worth a look.
Thank you for posting this question, it was exactly what I wanted to ask too! I've been to Corfu 3 times, but always in June. This year I am going on 2nd May. I'm trying to decide if it'll be warm enough for actual sun bathing. (I do hope so!) :)
In my experience it will be warm enough to sunbathe but 'cardy weather' at night as my nan used to say.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.