Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Hi there

We holidayed in Kitzbuhel last May for 11 nights. We visited St Johann a couple of times as it is the next village to Kitzbuhel.

It is a lovely quaint little place. It is on the railway line so you can easy get about to different places like Innsbruck, Zell am See. Kitzbuhel was about 5 mins away on the train so you could also spend time there as there a couple of fantastic cable car rides in Kitzbuhel which are well worth a visit.

St Johann was considerably cheaper than Kitzbuhel hence our couple of visits there. The shops were nicer too with more unusual things. We sat in the square for a wee while watching the world go by. Also sat outside the church (in the town centre) and witnessed an Austrian Christening which was lovely to see them all (including the small children) dressed in the National dress.

If you like walking there are plenty of nice walks about but I think you will find it a great base for getting about.

Anything else you wish to know, feel free to ask.

Wendy
Thanks Wendy, I will email this to my sister and see what else she wants to know.... we had nearly given up hope of anyone replying to this post!!
Thanks
Jaime C :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.