Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
We had a bad experience with Interrent in February when we rented a car at Stansted Airport, we had rented with the company previously without problems and were surprised to see an extra charge of 174 pounds for insurance show up on our credit card when returning home. We hadn't agreed to or requested the insurance but unfortunately had not read all of the forms that we were required to initial or sign. We are trying to get the firm to refund the charges as we feel they were obtained dishonestly.
Over forty years of renting cars on a regular basis this is the first time we have had a serious problem. Even if it means standing in the office for ages , holding up the people in the queue behind we will read the small print in future.
  • Edited by Judith 2018-05-04 10:01:14
Ouch Judith that seems a lot for insurance :omg
The worst I ever had was the GreenMotion company. Can't even explain how awful, irresponsible it was.
I sympathise with you MZet. The Internet is full of stories of bad experiences with hire car firms, even the top firms such as Hertz are not without problems. We were as much as told we were liars when we reported what had happened and after the initial contact with Interrent they are now refusing to talk to us.
  • Edited by Judith 2018-05-04 10:00:24
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.