Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi! I have been in October once- the third week I think it was. The temporary shacks won't be up unless there is a miracle. But there are a few permanent shacks. I can't be specific as I wasn't in Candolim but down a little in Calangute.
We found enough places to eat at night but have to say Candolim was a bit deserted at night.
Find a place near the beach and with a pool. The sea is not one for doing anything else rather than paddling in. It's too dangerous. The beach is great though
I actually loved it in October even though most places were closed! Goa does have lots of domestic tourists all year round so you will always find somewhere.
  • Edited by Fiona 2018-07-10 15:09:11
Hi
Thanks Fiona for the response . Do you know or can recommend any beach front resort near Calangute then - I am also thinking around October end for a week .
Hi
Thanks Fiona for the response . Do you know or can recommend any beach front resort near Calangute then - I am also thinking around October end for a week .
Hi
Hi
We only ever stay at Kingstork
https://www.kingstork.com
Lovely little pool. A 2 minute walk to the beach. Couple of permanent shacks there. Also Nirvanas is a great bar/restaurant that you pass on the way.
A short walk along the beach will take you to Calangute steps where there is more life and more restaurants.Calangute is more Indian.
We are going back opposite end of the season to you- in April. Can't wait!
Hi
Thank you Fiona for the advise so far - very useful .
Since travelling with tiny twin toddlers hence trying to make sure it’s a good balance for both them and us. I Hope you have a fab time :)
I would suggest you Palolem every time. As there are loads of shacks, restaurants and the night life is fantastic here if you want it. I am sure you have a great time there. Patnem beach is also beautiful and is just about 10 min by foot from Palolem.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.